Why become a member? ×

Gibson T-bird Retail price? Street price?

big cat

Can anybody tell me what is street price?

Let's take a Gibson T-bird as an example. First, half year ago, i saw one in GAK, the price is 1200 pounds. Then, one

month ago, i saw the same one in a guitar shop, the price is 999. After that, one man with Gibson T-bird told me the

street price is about 800..... Finally, i checked the Thomann, the price is 1400?! And the Nikki Sixx signature mode,

1300. The signature mode is cheaper?

Why there is such a big difference in price? Quite confused.....

[quote name='big cat' post='400193' date='Feb 4 2009, 05:23 PM']Why there is such a big difference in price? Quite confused.....[/quote]

Same as anything... the retailer buys the bass at £xxx and sells at whatever they think they can get. Difference is their profit. Some places are happy to make less money but sell more of them. I think £800 is not a realistic price for a new one. Offer any shop that sells them less than they are asking, and they will most likely cut you a deal.

I'd be surprised if any new Tbird IVs go as low as £800 though. Perhaps they are thinking of the cheaper, but now deleted studio model?