Why become a member? ×

Epifani PS600 - SOLD

molan

Picked this up fairly recently and really love it. Excellent core sound and simple to use without lots of flashing lights & sliders to fiddle with. Surprising combination of sounds available and all of them are good!

The blue front also looks really cool ;)

I'm only selling this as I've decided not to run a rack set-up and spotted a smaller Epifani head for sale. Unlike some rack units this does have small rubber feet so it can be used free-standing if required. It's in perfect condition, doesn't even have any marks on the top from having been racked previously etc.

Only change from a completely stock model is that the control knobs have been finished in black with small white dots to indicate position. Standard PS600 has completely chromed knobs and position markers which means the damn things are invisible on stage! This work has been very well finished and looks totally professional.

For those of you who don't know much about these it was awarded a Bass Player magazine Editor's Award with the summary:

[i]the 600 was tinged with a golden midrange, plush-but-controlled lows, and a serene, lacy top. I never wanted for more power, and the transient response and grunt were excellent. The 600 was exceptionally pleasant sounding—it almost seemed as if the preamp filtered out harsh frequencies, leaving only buttery, smooth tone. The EQ, though limited, worked fine, but I barely touched it. If you’re a slapper who digs the scoopy thing, the mid-cut feature, with its variable level control, is for you. I tended to favor a flat tone.

The 600 was clear and delicate sounding, but not wimpy. It may not be the ideal amp for gritty rock tone, but for everything else, its elegant and refined sound is among the best in bass.[/i]

More details on the Epifani site : [url="http://www.epifani.com/products/ps_600.php"]http://www.epifani.com/products/ps_600.php[/url]

I've added a pic of a stock head as mine looks identical apart from the chrome knobs :P

I'm looking for £550 which I think is a good price considering it's in perfect condition and that they list at £1,030 new at The Gallery. Based in Henley, Oxfordshire but happy to ship (at extra cost) if required.

Edited by molan

• 2 weeks later...

May have a buyer but as I finally got round to taking some pics I thought I might as well get them uploaded :)

Apologies for the flash glare on the first pic but I wanted to highlight just how perfect the front panel is :rolleyes:

Edited by molan