Why become a member? ×

Gotoh 206 bridge usage manual

Antonio Petricca

I've never come across a bridge usage manual (my Gotohs didn't come with one). Adjustment is simple. Adjust the long bolts to correct intonation and the small grub screws in the saddles to raise or lower the action. That bridge needs strings that pass through the body. Does your instrument have that? If not, you will need to modify it. If in doubt, take it to a repairperson.

I agree, if that Warmoth diagram actually is a 206, it isn't very clear how it works.

Do you actually have the bridge?  If so, it should be straightforward to see how it works.

As @Dan Dare says, there will be:

- the 4 intonation adjustment screws at the back, screwed into the backs of the saddles.

- The pair of small grub screws at the top of each saddle  to adjust the height

- there is also a single locking screw at ghe top of each saddle to lock it down on the plate once the height and intonation has been adjusted.

What isn't clear on the diagram is how the string spacing is adjusted.  But it should be clear when you look at the bridge.  It is probably that loosening the clamp screw allows the saddle to move side to side but a bit of a play with it should reveal how it actually works.

Edited by Andyjr1515

There is a screw at the front of the saddle (pickup side) for the strings spacing adjustment : release it and the upper side of the saddle will move laterally.

It's a very well thought bridge, but as it's zamac, it's very fragile, so don't screw to death.  😉

• Like 1

I have one identical to that on my Bass Collection fretless. Adjustment of height and intonation is as Andy says. It is possible to use it with through-body stringing or with the string anchor points on the back of the bridge, so it should retro-fit without needing any more work.

I never realised until now that there was lateral adjustment, Hellzero is right about the way it works. Every day is a school day here on basschat!

IMG_20180629_141523698.jpg

Edited by pete.young
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1