Why become a member? ×

Two Channels into one?

simwells

Is it possible to run two instrument channels through my pedal board to amp at once?

I would like to be able to use a theremin at the same time as playing bass, but do not know if this is possible.

Also if possible what would be the best way to combine the two channels into one.

[quote name='simwells' post='402275' date='Feb 6 2009, 07:05 PM']Is it possible to run two instrument channels through my pedal board to amp at once?

I would like to be able to use a theremin at the same time as playing bass, but do not know if this is possible.

Also if possible what would be the best way to combine the two channels into one.[/quote]

The cheapest way would be an a/b/y box, balancing the levels using the output volume controls on each instrument, but there are potentially significant differences in level here. Better would be a small mixer. Behringer knock them out for peanuts.

Would recommend, however that you might want to use two separate amps to take into account the differing ranges of the two instruments.