Why become a member? ×

£72 for a custom P Bass pickguard - What the...?

Chiliwailer

This is probably a case of me being very out of touch... so without naming any names here, I emailed a UK guy who I saw was recommended here on BC to make a pickguard for my Lull, with me providing a template. 
I asked for cream 3 ply (meant to say parchment though), so it’s a lot more than white or black, even still the estimate came to £72! 
Not too long ago that’d be £40, which I paid for my last ones, though that outlet is not convenient now. 
How out of touch am I? I’d rather go direct to the Lull workshop if it’s silly money. 

BTW - I do get the labour etc. 

Ok, so I‘m not going mad... after another crazy quote of nearly £80 Bass Doc has quoted well over half that price. Cheers @AndyTravis for the reminder, 

So I’m going to buy that one, plus an original Lull from Bass Direct, as their prices were much cheaper than the other quotes I’m getting - considering the last time I bought Lull pickguards from them.

Not that I’m knocking people in business out to make money... just not my hard earned! ;) 

Edited by Chiliwailer