Why become a member? ×

Yamaha SBV500

pete.young

[b]Yamaha SBV 500[/b], metallic blue colour with matching headstock and white trimmings. I acquired this from another Basschatter in a trade, but it just isn't getting played and needs to find a good home where its quirky retro looks will be appreciated. The pickups may or may not be alnico but they make a full range of Jazzy sounds and the build quality is typically Yamaha - excellent. Nice birds-eye maple figuring on the neck, my limited photographic skills don't really do it justice. The bass is in very good condition, with one small mark on the back at the top, which I've tried to show in one of the photographs. This doesn't affect playability and isn't visible when being played.

It was recently set up by a local luthier and strung with 40-60-75-95 nickels. A Stag/ Black Rat padded gig bag is included. I'd prefer a personal pickup from the Ipswich area, or I can deliver it to anywhere in London or Essex. Can also be shipped if necessary. [b]Sold subject to the usual
[/b]. More pics available on request.

Edited by pete.young

an unusual and interestingly fresh design
i have been browsing yamaha's. 'way out' range and see they arent afraid of breaking the mould
i have used yamaha for years for wind and brass instruments...and a clarinet
and they have been consistently good on quality and reliability

[quote name='mrcrow' post='404318' date='Feb 9 2009, 02:14 PM']i have used yamaha for years for wind and brass instruments...and a clarinet
and they have been consistently good on quality and reliability[/quote]

+1 on that!

quality in construction, tone and manufacturing consistency is a welcome approach taken very seriously by all at Yamaha.

andy

Edited by andy67