Why become a member? ×

2005 Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray4 2EQ

faceman

As part of my clear out, I'm going to pass on my lovely StingRay as I need the cash to thin out the collection. I've loved having this bass but I've managed to get away with just my Darryl Jones so here this one goes. It was previously owned by 'Ghost Rider' and before that, another fellow on this forum. Anyway, this is a rather good example of a 2005 Ernie Ball StingRay 2EQ. I've played it with TI Flats and you get a lovely warm thump but the StingRay growl is still there. The body is in pretty mint condition, with nothing major I could see.

Comes with standard Music Man hardcase and strung with Ernie Ball Slinkies. I purchased this just before Christmas for £650 so would quite like to get a similar amount back, but open to offers ;) Any questions, just let me know.

Edited by sebpayne

[quote name='sebpayne' post='403978' date='Feb 9 2009, 01:54 AM']As part of my clear out, I'm going to pass on my lovely StingRay as I need the cash to thin out the collection. I've loved having this bass but I've managed to get away with just my Darryl Jones so here this one goes. It was previously owned by 'Ghost Rider' and before that, another fellow on this forum. Anyway, this is a rather good example of a 2005 Ernie Ball StingRay 2EQ. I've played it with TI Flats and you get a lovely warm thump but the StingRay growl is still there. The body is in pretty mint condition, with nothing major I could see.

Comes with standard Music Man hardcase and strung with Ernie Ball Slinkies. I purchased this just before Christmas for £650 so would quite like to get a similar amount back, but open to offers ;) Any questions, just let me know.[/quote]

are you interested in a MM5...see my white one here

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39305"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39305[/url]

Thanks for all the replies, in great Basschat style as usual I've been inundated with offers. [b]The bass is now on hold[/b] for Spikyhedgehog, pending money heading into my bank account.

It does have a great look and I gave it a play this evening just to make sure I am doing the right thing. It sounds fantastic but I'm too used to the lovely smooth Lakland neck, opposed to the StingRay standard.

[quote name='sebpayne' post='404741' date='Feb 9 2009, 08:31 PM']Thanks for all the replies, in great Basschat style as usual I've been inundated with offers. [b]The bass is now on hold[/b] for Spikyhedgehog, pending money heading into my bank account.

It does have a great look and I gave it a play this evening just to make sure I am doing the right thing. It sounds fantastic but I'm too used to the lovely smooth Lakland neck, opposed to the StingRay standard.[/quote]

The payment has been received and the StingRay is on its way so it's now sold to Spikyhedgehog. Fantastic guy, great communication - would do business again!

Seb