Why become a member? ×

I met one of my heroes last night

hatori

[quote name='Jase' post='408938' date='Feb 13 2009, 07:06 PM']Magic Innit![/quote]
I want that stale pubby smell back...and I dont smoke.

Crushed Carlsberg tinnys in the corner.....Threadbare carpet...bits of strings on the floor...old plectrums....

You do miss it when you get your own unit.

[quote name='ARGH' post='409029' date='Feb 13 2009, 08:37 PM']I want that stale pubby smell back...and I dont smoke.

Crushed Carlsberg tinnys in the corner.....Threadbare carpet...bits of strings on the floor...old plectrums....

You do miss it when you get your own unit.[/quote]

Aye, those smoke filled gigs are long gone these days ;) All you can smell these days are the toilets!

[quote name='Jase' post='409038' date='Feb 13 2009, 08:55 PM']Aye, those smoke filled gigs are long gone these days ;) All you can smell these days are the toilets![/quote]
Yeah...we phuqed our lungs for a cause....

A CLEAN PUB BOG!!

Loo rebuilds have been on the massive increase since the law came in...

its quite shocking...

But Im glad I don't stink and my eyes don't sting after an evenings work

Edited by ARGH

[quote name='ARGH' post='409074' date='Feb 13 2009, 09:35 PM']Yeah...we phuqed our lungs for a cause....

A CLEAN PUB BOG!!

Loo rebuilds have been on the massive increase since the law came in...

its quite shocking...

But Im glad I don't stink and my eyes don't sting after an evenings work[/quote]

well, my lungs are f***ed anyway being a smoker an all......I used to enjoy a fag on a gig, quick drag through the set. But YES! my clothes don't stink after a gig and my gear isn't buzzing my house out.....believe it or not my wife used to complain that my cabs would stink of stale smoke and "pubs"

[quote name='OldGit' post='409072' date='Feb 13 2009, 09:34 PM']I'm gonna print this and present it to the man..
Should cheer him up for a while ;)[/quote]
Ask him about his P bass Si...is it 62 or 64 or does he use a different one now.....Ha! I'm like a starstruck teenager :P

[quote name='ARGH' post='409158' date='Feb 13 2009, 11:48 PM']Tell him he just walked into my top 10 of distortions on tape[/quote]
I aked him and yes he still has his old P bass and still uses it. He also (I think) still has his Vox cabs. Lovely guy, I wish I could have had longer but you know what it is with this packing up lark. Id love to come over for a jam, its a bit of a treck for me on a tuesday night with early work on weds. Very tempted though.

Brilliant. What a story! Reminds me of a time a guy came over to buy an old bit of studio kit off me. We chatted for 10 minutes or so about my band at the time and music in general. On the way out to the cash machine, I asked him if he's playing in any bands at the moment.

Nick: Well, I've just left Jamiroquai...
Me: Oh right. ;)

Excellent!! Budgie were brilliant! Sort of the original RUSH, in a way. I also feel a Spotify session coming on, haven't heard them for years!

Speaking of icons, I played a little benefit gig on Friday with Mick Jones as a special guest. I didn't bother speaking to him. He seemed like a really nice bloke though. There were many people there sucking up to him, bit embarrassing to see really.

[quote name='Jase' post='409128' date='Feb 13 2009, 10:55 PM']Ask him about his P bass Si...is it 62 or 64 or does he use a different one now.....Ha! I'm like a starstruck teenager :)[/quote]

Ha ha wellllllllll
Before I knew who he was he got up after me to play bass at the jam and I handed him my Shuker 5 string Precision and showed him the controls .
"Yes I know how a Precision works" he said gently "but I'm not sure about this extra string" ;)

Of course what really caught him out was the fixed strap on locks as I'm about 6 inches taller and a fair bit wider than Burke. He coped even though it was dangling around his knees :P

I've seen him play in a jam sesion house band with a Kramer aluminium necked bass, an ancient trace head and a big old vox 1x15 cab ..

I've ordered Budgie's greatest hits to see what the fuss is all about ..

Edited by OldGit