Why become a member? ×

Garageband help?

AndyTravis

24 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

I hate those devices that have a proprietary connection. Ive got a few devices that I can’t use because I’ve lost the cables, but the cost to replace them is too much. 
The more standard usb-c port on my iPad Pro was one of the big reasons I upgraded. 

🙄

D3EA7CC2-289E-4AE0-AC34-38BB831D4DDE.jpeg

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Wow, that’s a bit of a kicker. 
Did it come with any other leads? If so maybe get an adapter?

I actually inherited the line 6 from a mate as part of a trade. 

So I guess I could buy the lead, or maybe look at one of the following 

Apogee Jam+ £149

or

Ik multimedia iRig HD2 £89

as they (particularly IK) have a few more features...

8 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I actually inherited the line 6 from a mate as part of a trade. 

So I guess I could buy the lead, or maybe look at one of the following 

Apogee Jam+ £149

or

Ik multimedia iRig HD2 £89

as they (particularly IK) have a few more features...

I’d get the cheaper of the two. 

Have you considered something like this? Pretty sure it will work with your phone with the right cable. it seems to be a better product, especially with the preamp section. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Focusrite-Scarlett-Solo-Audio-Interface/dp/B07QR6Z1JB?th=1

If I could find my iRigHD I’d let you have it, as i have no need for it. No idea where it is though, and you can bet the lead will be somewhere obscure. 

27 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

I’d get the cheaper of the two. 

Have you considered something like this? Pretty sure it will work with your phone with the right cable. it seems to be a better product, especially with the preamp section. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Focusrite-Scarlett-Solo-Audio-Interface/dp/B07QR6Z1JB?th=1

If I could find my iRigHD I’d let you have it, as i have no need for it. No idea where it is though, and you can bet the lead will be somewhere obscure. 

Yeah - got a mate who works for focusrite who was trying to get more information and a price for me. He works on the synth side of the company.

He’s gone quiet and I’m eager to get going.

Oh yeah, I forgot we had spoken about you mate at Focusrite. I just tested my 2i2 with my iPhone XS Max. Worked perfectly other than it needs power, which meant using it with a hub. So some reason the 2i2 got power ok from the phone, but the phone didn’t see it until power was supplied to the phone. Something to be aware of. Not sure if the current interfaces need this. 

I just remembered the iRig is at work, with the cable. No idea when I’ll be able to get it, but the offer is there, for free, if you still need it after the lockdown eases. I sure you will be sorted by then. 

33 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I’m a bit of a technophobe Dave, what’s the hub, just a usb power supply?

Not as much as you think. That’s exactly what it is. The other option is you can use the Apple camera adapter which has USB and power in. 
EDIT: just re read your post. The Hub is a usb hub, but you need one that will run off a power supply. 

Something like this will work, plus it means you can use an ordinary USB lead. Cheaper than the Apple one. You plug your usual charger in to this, and it keeps the iPhone charged as well as allowing you to plug the interface in. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elecjoy-Camera-Adapter-Interface-Required/dp/B078YLPTL3/ref=pd_lpo_147_t_2/262-9754591-9369136?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B078YLPTL3&pd_rd_r=cc70b1c0-9c45-470f-b7b6-5de0f6c8bb96&pd_rd_w=lqdCm&pd_rd_wg=AzxpR&pf_rd_p=7b8e3b03-1439-4489-abd4-4a138cf4eca6&pf_rd_r=3EY1NTMVX77Q44AA9349&psc=1&refRID=3EY1NTMVX77Q44AA9349

Edited by dave_bass5

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, dave_bass5 said:

Tell me about it. New ipad, pencil and keyboard case within the first 2 weeks of lockdown lol. 

That will do the job though.....hopefully. 

Mate at the Apple Store just called me and said “should be with you tomorrow or Wednesday” - nice when he’s sorted friends and family discount.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Mate at the Apple Store just called me and said “should be with you tomorrow or Wednesday” - nice when he’s sorted friends and family discount.

Nice one. Always good to have mates in the right places. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Nice one. Good luck with it. 

Just had a quick noodle - absolute relief as the count in 1/2/3/4 and recorded 16 bars along with a loop, not a blip.

Marvellous. 

The GarageBand Opus shall begin toot sweet and no expense shall be spared in its production.

Not really, I have two bass parts to record for a chap in Ireland. One fretless, one Fretted.

20 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Just had a quick noodle - absolute relief as the count in 1/2/3/4 and recorded 16 bars along with a loop, not a blip.

Marvellous. 

The GarageBand Opus shall begin toot sweet and no expense shall be spared in its production.

Not really, I have two bass parts to record for a chap in Ireland. One fretless, one Fretted.

Always a relief when you spend money to fix an issue and it fixes the issue. 

Play away......

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

Always a relief when you spend money to fix an issue and it fixes the issue. 

Play away......

Ah , the grief I used to give myself trying workarounds. I just get the kit that does the job now , especially computery things 

• Like 1