Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Attitude 'Retro'

3V17C

well i've tried other basses but can't help but keep goinig back to the trusty old Yamaha Attitudes but as I'm sure some of you will agree they don't fit in to some band situations visually because of their 80's/90's widdly widdly look. So...I have hatched a plan to (at some point, laziness + money permitting!) to refinish one in a more traditional/retro kinda stylee... so far i've got as far as mocking one up in photoshop, but i reckon it could look kinda good - aged white body, tort pickguard and chrome finish humbucker at the neck..... thoughts/comments?....

[attachment=21012:attituderetro1.jpg]

peace

c

[quote name='3V17C' post='418277' date='Feb 24 2009, 12:22 PM']well i've tried other basses but can't help but keep goinig back to the trusty old Yamaha Attitudes but as I'm sure some of you will agree they don't fit in to some band situations visually because of their 80's/90's widdly widdly look. So...I have hatched a plan to (at some point, laziness + money permitting!) to refinish one in a more traditional/retro kinda stylee... so far i've got as far as mocking one up in photoshop, but i reckon it could look kinda good - aged white body, tort pickguard and chrome finish humbucker at the neck..... thoughts/comments?....

[attachment=21012:attituderetro1.jpg]

peace

c[/quote]

Looks a lot like our guitarist's 69 reissue mustang:
[url="http://www.tdpri.com/telephoto/data/527/mstg3025.jpg"]http://www.tdpri.com/telephoto/data/527/mstg3025.jpg[/url] (photo from google images).

Groovy.

[quote name='andy67' post='418291' date='Feb 24 2009, 12:34 PM']take the yamaha decal off and replace it with smaller discreet yamaha waterfall effect with the yamaha logo at end.

would look real cool!

andy[/quote]

yeah was thinking of doing more of an Attitude MK1 logo on the end maybe but minus the tuning forks circle logo.

hmmm.....

c

[quote name='3V17C' post='418277' date='Feb 24 2009, 12:22 PM']..... thoughts/comments?....

[attachment=21012:attituderetro1.jpg][/quote]
Looks kinda cool. A definite retro vibe, well much more so than the original anyway. ;)
How about a bridge ashtray too..?

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='418296' date='Feb 24 2009, 12:36 PM']

[/quote]
Now thats what Im talkin about!..Ive been thinking of pimpin my precision this way..now look wot you done!! What exactly does the mini switch do?

Edited by hatori

[quote name='hatori' post='418616' date='Feb 24 2009, 06:12 PM']Now thats what Im talkin about!..Ive been thinking of pimpin my precision this way..now look wot you done!! What exactly does the mini switch do?[/quote]

It belongs to [url="http://www.gwbasses.com/"]Grandon Westlund[/url], he's a super nice guy to deal with, so ask him, I'm not sure, I can only guess coil tap. I put together a p with asimilar theme, but budget and the switch on mine is mono/stereo, because I often am bumming rigs from headliners.