Why become a member? ×

What's your favourite wood for a top?

jmanfunk

Good evening gents,

I'm having a ramp made for my Sei and rather than going for plain old ebony, I was wondering what might work aesthetically for this bass-

It has an amber type stain to it and having just decorated the living room, it's woefully apparent that I can't match colours ;) .....

It all depends what Chris Larkin has in the wood store but ball bark suggestions- I'm leaning toward cocobolo or maybe staining some burl poplar-

Jay

[quote name='jmanfunk' post='418639' date='Feb 24 2009, 06:41 PM']It has an amber type stain to it and having just decorated the living room, it's woefully apparent that I can't match colours ;) .....[/quote]

Simple, just wallpaper the whole front of the bass with a heavy flock or woodchip, that way everything will match beautifully :P

Yes, I know, my coat is by the door.......

Hey,

A nice bit of maple could work there I think, maybe even ash or alder for the lighter match up. Then again, Ebony, whilst you may want to steer away from, it'd match up nicely.

Check out the Nordstrand basses, the custom jobbies... i'm pretty sure they've done some sweet ramp jobs. If i'm wrong, then you can probably get some great ideas for wood combos as he uses some wicked woods!

Thanks
Jamie

[quote name='Hamster' post='418670' date='Feb 24 2009, 07:38 PM']Simple, just wallpaper the whole front of the bass with a heavy flock or woodchip, that way everything will match beautifully :)

Yes, I know, my coat is by the door.......[/quote]

Retro is all the rage after all :huh:

[quote name='bassjamm' post='419031' date='Feb 25 2009, 09:20 AM']Hey,

A nice bit of maple could work there I think, maybe even ash or alder for the lighter match up. Then again, Ebony, whilst you may want to steer away from, it'd match up nicely.

Check out the Nordstrand basses, the custom jobbies... i'm pretty sure they've done some sweet ramp jobs. If i'm wrong, then you can probably get some great ideas for wood combos as he uses some wicked woods!

Thanks
Jamie[/quote]

A nice quilt would look tasty alright. :P

[quote name='steve-soar' post='419563' date='Feb 25 2009, 08:11 PM']Bastard, I was going to say that. ;)[/quote]

The thought had crossed my mind after coming across this-

Edited by jmanfunk

[quote name='7string' post='419225' date='Feb 25 2009, 01:17 PM']It's just a case of getting a black wheelchair. I find that it goes with whatever outfit, or surface, that's around you. :P[/quote]

Daaahling your a genius!
This green armani thing I have, simply [i]has[/i] to go!
Every time I wear pink against the white wall tyres it's just clash clash clash.
Inspirational!
MWAH, MWAH, MWAH!!! ;)

Edited by soopercrip