Why become a member? ×

Conklin GTBD 7

molan

Someone's offered me a Conklin GTBD 7 in a PX deal and I really don't know a thing about them!

It's something like this: [url="http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Conklin-GTBD7-7-String-Bass-Guitar?sku=512706"]http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/pr...itar?sku=512706[/url]

I would be taking it purely as a PX & then looking to sell it so any thoughts on what they are like plus an idea on value would be great :)

I'm a fan of the Groove Tools series.
I have one and if you are you a lot of strings, this bass is just right to get started.
The neck is slim and really easy to play.
The string spacing is very confortable. +/- 17mm center to center at the bridge.

Sound wise:
If you like bartolini then you wont regret it.
I changed the pre-amp to aguilar obp-3 and the instrument gained a new life.

It's not expensive and it's a wonderfull tool to play around and discover new sounds.

The GTBD7, is the thru-neck version of the bolt-on GT7. The pickups and electronics are also a step-up from the GT7.

The BD is there as the bass was endorsed by Bill "The Buddha" Dickens, a monster player who plays 7 and 9 string basses. The whole Groove Tools series has been discontinued and whilst the 4, 5 and 6 strings might not be so popular, the 7's (as velvetkevorkian quite rightly says) are the best way to get into 7 string basses.

I got my GT7 from a guy in the States via eBay and it's a great bass. My 7 string Sei was built with the same scale length and string spacing as the GT7 I'd got used to over the previous 5 years or so.

Probably worth taking in as a part ex and then if you have to sell it use eBay, Basschat (of course) or one of the dedicated ERB sites.