Why become a member? ×

Musicman Sterling HH (Sold)

Legion

Ok, here goes...

This is my 2008 Limited Edition Musicman Sterling HH. It's the gorgeous Sequoia Gold colour scheme, photos really dont do this finish justice - I took some shots outside to try and get the most amount of light on it but you have to see it in person really. Included is the crazy fake lizard skin LE case as well.

I picked this one in particular as it didn't have a matching headstock (not a look I like) and it weighs in a nice 8.8lbs which is light for a lot of Musicmans these days. It plays great, the action will go very low and it offers a lot of tonal variation with the 5 position pickup selector and 3 band EQ. Currently strung with DR high beams.

Unfortunately there is one small cosmetic flaw with the clearcoat on the back. I had it shipped from the USA and it must have been on the coldest plane in the world and it has caused a hairline crack in the polyester clearcoat either side of the battery compartment. It's totally gutting but not really anything I can do about it, and it has no effect on the bass in any way. Very hard to get it to photograph to be honest, but I've included an attempt to show it well.

I'm a little torn about what to do with my basses lately and this has been my favourite for quite a while - I still really want to slim down my collection to 2 though, and my fretless is really starting to win the battle. I think it might actually be "the one".

This sort of bass is £1600 new from the Bass Gallery so I'm looking for offers in the region of £950 as other than the clearcoat issue its mint :)
Anybody wants to come around and try it out gets a free cuppa? :rolleyes:

[attachment=21194:IMGP1782.JPG]
[attachment=21195:IMGP1783.JPG]
[attachment=21196:IMGP1784.JPG]
[attachment=21197:IMGP1785.JPG]
[attachment=21198:IMGP1787.JPG]
[attachment=21199:IMGP1788.JPG]
[attachment=21200:IMGP1789.JPG]
[attachment=21201:IMGP1790.JPG]

Edited by Legion

[quote name='mathewsanchez' post='421955' date='Feb 28 2009, 08:39 PM']I think, as of soon, my '89 stingray may have to go up for sale. This is way too gorgeous (and local) to let pass.

Where in suffolk are you? I'd be very tempted to come try it out before actually deciding to part with my beloved stingray.[/quote]

Not far from you at all...Ipswich. Let me know if you want to check it out.

J

[quote name='lee650' post='422580' date='Mar 1 2009, 07:38 PM']Just gorgeous if it was a 5 string id be biting at your heals about now, good luck with the sale, Sterlings are the dogs - lee :rolleyes:[/quote]

Thanks - it's the dogs alright :) lets see if anyone here is interested before I make a tentative foray onto eBay...

Well, I wasn't entirely sure about this - but hey I just cant keep too many basses, it's not good for my wellbeing. I'm loving the idea of getting down to only one Bass...

"Zen and the art of Bass" here I come.

Sold to Platypus pending payment - look forwards to meeting up at the weekend.

J

Edited by Legion