Why become a member? ×

Possible Neck Adjustment

Time to tap into the BC hive mind.

A couple of months ago I had one of my basses set up, other than the usual set up work it was discovered the neck had a serious back bow in it, this was addressed but it still left a lot of whip in the neck. Now over the last couple of weeks frets have started buzzing and in particular (as I play a lot of chords) I’m getting fretted strings buzzing (between the nut and the fretted note if that makes sense? So behind the fretted note) in sympathy with other notes held down in the chord. Is this something I can temporarily adjust with a truss rod tweak until I can get it back to m setup guy or is a more complex adjustment needed.

Note to self: - learn a bit about basic setups.

12 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Not sure if this is any help frank, I know it’s not a bass but it sounds like the same symptoms

Cheers Sir, it's exactly the symptoms I'm experiencing, I'm just waiting for a confirmation email from my luthier and I'll see what he says but this article certainly confirms it. Cheers again.

• Like 1