Why become a member? ×

G&L L2500 - NOW TRADED

bassbluestew

Gas is a terrible thing, so I am thining the herd. I have decided I only need one spare bass, so I have sold one bass, and this one is going too in order to fund that dream bass.

It's a 1998 model L2500, fitted with the standard MFD pickups ( not cheap chipboard, that'd be MDF !! ).
Swamp ash body and maple neck, it really is a blonde bombshell.

Condition is very good, and comes with an original G&L case.

Specs.
PICKUPS 2 G&L Magnetic Field humbucking pickups
BODY WOOD Alder on Standard and all solid finishes, [b]Swamp Ash on all Premier finishes [/b]
NECK WOOD Hard Rock Maple with Rosewood or [b]Maple fingerboard [/b]
NECK RADIUS 12" (304.8mm)
NECK WIDTH AT NUT 1 3/4" (44.5mm)
TUNING KEYS Custom G&L "Ultra-Lite" with aluminum tapered string posts
BRIDGE G&L Saddle Lock with string through body configuration; chrome-plated brass saddles
CONTROLS G&L Tri-Tone active/passive electronics, 3-way mini-toggle pickup selector, series/parallel mini-toggle, preamp control mini-toggle (off/on/on with high end EQ boost)

Currently strung with TI Jazz Flats, its plays like a dream. If you haven't heard the MFD pickups and G&L preamp, you should. It's one of the very few which makes my 'Ray sound quiet and polite.

Oh, price. I imported this personally from the States, so this bad boy owes me £780, I'd like offers very close to that please.

The only trades I am interested in would be some sort of super Jazz type thing - preferably 5 string, but if you have a v. nice vintage Jazz you want to trade, let me know. I have cash I'd be prepared to add, so if you have something in mind PM me.

The worst you'll get is thanks for your time and a polite but firm "thank you, but no".

Here it is................I'll get some more photos up soon.

[attachment=21481:myl2500.jpg]
[attachment=21727:IMG_0746.JPG]
[attachment=21728:IMG_0743.JPG]
[attachment=21729:IMG_0755.JPG]

OOOPS these photo's are huge, but you get great detail. Any marks on the bass are just reflections, its spotless.
Thanks
Stewart

Edited by bassbluestew

If the tax man had his act together I wouldn't be selling it !!!!

Thanks for the complements, it is indeed a sweet bass, does everything from a Motown thump to Jazz type tones. I can even get it to sound fretless when playing in upper registers which is kinda cool too !!

S

Guest subaudio

[quote name='bassbluestew' post='425761' date='Mar 5 2009, 08:41 AM']If the tax man had his act together I wouldn't be selling it !!!!

Thanks for the complements, it is indeed a sweet bass, does everything from a Motown thump to Jazz type tones. I can even get it to sound fretless when playing in upper registers which is kinda cool too !!

S[/quote]

No worries, I love these basses, if it hasnt gone by this time next month give me a shout :)

[b]B[/b]ack [b]U[/b]p [b]M[/b]y [b]P[/b]recious

Bongo now gone, thanks Colin, but can't seriously buy new bass till this goes.
Very close cash offers invited. Remember I have some cash and am looking to trade up.
Things I'm particularly interested in are, Smith, Jazz style Sei / Overwater, och you know the sort of thing, a quality keeper. Must be a fiver, unless of course its a very nice old 'Ray or Fender.

Cash waiting for the right bass !!

S

09.37 and 09.53 bumps...? overzealous mayhaps :rolleyes:

have a [b]B[/b]righteyed [b]U[/b]nable-to-sleep, [b]M[/b]ight [b]P[/b]urchase! lol!

Ever since I first played one of these beauts I've wanted one, and I [u][i]WANT[/i][/u] this one!! If I can find the money before anyone else fiinds the money, I'll bite your arm off!

...and also buy the bass :)

Phil,

Repeat after me,

[b]Dear Mr Bank Manager,
I simply MUST liberate this fine instrument from BBStew. It's a beauty, no honest it is. So if you'd be good enough to arrange to deposit £750 ( or very close to it ) into my account which I shall then pass onto BBStew , I'd be grateful, Yours Mr TheBassist.[/b]

That should help I'm sure !!!!!

And thanks to Josh for leaping to my defense, a true knigh in shining doo dah......
Stewart

[quote name='bassbluestew' post='436903' date='Mar 17 2009, 09:11 AM']in shining doo dah......[/quote]

I was always told you couldn't polish DooDah, it's almost like making a leather purse from a pigs ear isn't it? :)

I've forwarded the above email to the Wunch of Bankers that currently control my financial situation, and I can hear them laughing at me already...but I await news nonetheless! :rolleyes:

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='437051' date='Mar 17 2009, 11:38 AM']I was always told you couldn't polish DooDah, it's almost like making a leather purse from a pigs ear isn't it? :)

I've forwarded the above email to the Wunch of Bankers that currently control my financial situation, and I can hear them laughing at me already...but I await news nonetheless! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Is it a USA made one?

Regards, Rich.

Hi Rich,

It most certainly is, and IF I can find it I even have a nice wee certificate with Leo's widows signature on it ( IF I can find it mind.... )

If I didn't think the time was right for my once in a lifetime bass purchase I woldn't have sold my Bongo and be selling this too.

Although SWMBO says I AWLAYS say I'm gonna keep things forever, I did remind her politely I have kept her longer than any bass I own !!!!

The bruises are subsiding and I can just about walk unaided again....................

S

And up she goes..................

Help me out here guys, any idea why this ain't going?? It's a cracking bass, and considering condition and it comes with the original case, I don't think it's too bad a price ?? I stand to be corrected though. Is it just that not everyone realises G&L was Leo Fenders last company before he departed this mortal coil ? Am thinking of relisting with some serious G&L background info.

Could be the curse of the relatively unknown maker ??

Stewart

I think G&L are pretty well known.

FWIW, I suspect that it might be something to do with the fact that the Tribute series L2500 seem to sell for about £350-400 second-hand but are deemed to be almost as good as the USA models...

[quote name='bassbluestew' post='444725' date='Mar 25 2009, 09:15 AM']Last chance befroe it's p/exed.

I've been offered £750 on a p/ex for a bass I want, if no-one wants this then I'll p/ex it, the dealer will then add his markup and it'll go for more.

Stewart[/quote]

Thats a reallly fair p/x price from a shop! i would take it.

Good luck with the sale.