Why become a member? ×

*TRADE PENDING* Hughes & Kettner basebass 600

SkinnyMike

This is quite a cracking amp, however after parting with my Gallien Krueger im actually starting to regret it slightly as this head gives a much more 'mellow' tone rather than the ridiculously punchy punk type of tone I was so used too.
I did try to like this as much as my old GK, I really did, but it looks like im going to go back to GK after all...

The valve preamp is very nice and when pushed you can get a nice warm overdriven sound when cranked to the full! mmmm
Iv just had it fully serviced from Rock bottom in Croydon, and so its in optimum working condition. Condition wise it's in very good condition except for a few scuffs due to being kept in a rack case and is also very slightly worn on the rack ears from being in a rack case for such a long time. Other than that it looks superb.

For all the specs take a look at this site ---> [url="http://www.hughes-and-kettner.com/products.php?mode=tech&id=23"]Hughes & Kettner basebass 600[/url]

Looking for £600 posted

Thanks and hope to hear from you :)

Mike

Edited by the_house123

[quote name='the_house123' post='429737' date='Mar 9 2009, 07:57 PM']This is quite a cracking amp, however after parting with my Gallien Kruger im actually starting to regret it slightly as this head give a much more 'mellow' tone rather than the ridiculously punchy punk type of tone I was so used too.

The valve preamp very nice and when pushed you can get a nice warm overdriven sound! mmmm
Iv just had it fully serviced from Rock bottom in Croydon, and so its in optimum working condition. Condition wise it's in very good condition except for a few scuffs due to being kept in a rack case and is also very slightly worn on the rack ears from being in a rack case for such a long time. Other than that it looks superb.

So far Im open to offers and Iv really only posted to see if this will generate any interest. Il get pics up at the weekend as im a good 80 miles away at the moment :rolleyes:

For all the specs take a look at this site ---> [url="http://www.hughes-and-kettner.com/products.php?mode=tech&id=23"]Hughes & Kettner basebass 600[/url]

Thanks for looking and hope to hear from you :)

Mike[/quote]

Hey Mike, I owned one of these and they are a cracking amp but not as raw as the GK as you say. Just a pointer but you'll be better off putting this in the 'SALE' section rather than 'WANTED'. :D

A Mod will move it for you if you PM them.

Hmmm... do i want my old amp back..? :)

I don't, but i do miss it! Needless to say i'm back on the market, looking for something different though, prolly a GK haha. I'm just going to add my word, this really is an awesome amp and if you're wanting that mellow tone, then you'd be hard pushed to find something better than this for the price! :rolleyes:

I thought it would only be the correct thing to do (reply that is) seen as Warwickhunt (who owned this before me) has already posted in here :D

Good luck with the sale!

Jamie

[quote name='TheButler' post='431160' date='Mar 11 2009, 12:15 AM']I thought it would only be the correct thing to do (reply that is) seen as Warwickhunt (who owned this before me) has already posted in here :rolleyes:[/quote]

:) I hadn't realised that this was actually my old amp! Small world. :D

There are a few times I've considered getting this back as I always liked the tone of the H&K BassBase series.

I'll add my luck to Jamie's and this should go soon. ;)

[quote name='the_house123' post='431529' date='Mar 11 2009, 02:16 PM']Thanks for the replies guys and did you purchase it 1st hand Warickhunt? If so do you know what year it is just for a lil bit of extra info on this amp?[/quote]

Sorry can't help, I got it used. :)

IIRC doesn't the serial number have some reference to the year of manufacture?

Guys, IMHO, this is one of the greatest amps ever produced, and I've dreamt about it for years when I was in Italy (where i have a car..now I need to have a 25kg whole rig).

There was a friend of mine who has been using this head for some years, and there was this bass player:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e7vN1c6EBs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e7vN1c6EBs[/url] (Dario Deidda,from Salerno,near the famous Sorrento)

who would call my friend 2 times per month asking him if he would sell him the head! My friend still has the Bass Base, and Deidda is Endorser for Epifani

:)

Give it a try, is pure warmness!

ps,, who did use to say that the miller jazz bass lacks in mid frequencies? I love Deidda!! =D

Edited by fede162162