Why become a member? ×

6 minutes ago, 2pods said:

If I could get a SS Sterling Stingray in white, with white scratchplate, and rosewood fingerboard with a LOW action and good setup,

I would pounce on it.

I had a SH one from Bass Direct that I moved on here that I couldn't get to go low enough, otherwise I would have kept it.

Even Mrs 2pods loved the look of it.

Why didn't you just shim the neck?

Or was it a fret work issue?

On 20/09/2024 at 13:48, scrumpymike said:

Interesting to note that the supply of used s-s basses on the Basschat marketplace has pretty much dried up of late. Does this suggest we've all decided we like them so much that we're keeping them? My personal preference for the 'Gibson' scale length goes back to the '60s.

I think I count 19 adverts for SSs placed on BC in the last month

10 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Def worth checking out the Squier Classic Vibe Mustang Bass. 

what he says /\/\/\/\/\/\/\

not always light but good tone and decent f and f, typical Squier made in Indonesia quality and value for money - the classic vibe one in white or green are made by Cort, the racing stripe ones by Samick; a used blue racing stripe sold on the bay of fleas for £250 this week and there was a couple of CVs listed on here for similar money

if Thomann have their Harley Benton 'Mustang' back in stock they seem to be well liked on here

• Like 1

On 20/09/2024 at 14:48, scrumpymike said:

Interesting to note that the supply of used s-s basses on the Basschat marketplace has pretty much dried up of late. Does this suggest we've all decided we like them so much that we're keeping them? My personal preference for the 'Gibson' scale length goes back to the '60s.

Three here in constant rotation - Dano 63 Redburst, Japanese Mustang 1998 Red Competition Stripes, Gretsch Jet with the single humbucker… love ‘em all… I’m sure my Pbass is sitting in the corner mumbling “play play, play me, please…😂

7 hours ago, 2pods said:

If I could get a SS Sterling Stingray in white, with white scratchplate, and rosewood fingerboard with a LOW action and good setup,

I would pounce on it.

I had a SH one from Bass Direct that I moved on here that I couldn't get to go low enough, otherwise I would have kept it.

Even Mrs 2pods loved the look of it.

Just picked one up to try out. If I ever think of moving it on I’ll keep you in mind!IMG_1649.jpeg.81850e8fc70d34c1bd072bab13858e6f.jpeg

• Like 1