Why become a member? ×

NCD: Barefaced Super Twin

fretmeister

117721208_10158266619783726_627186663109

I've had a quick go with my Mark Bass and with the tiny Hotone in the picture.

The Hotone - 5 watts - is hilariously loud with this cab. When cranked it's too damn loud for the lounge! :D 

The Mark Bass is obviously far louder and sounds excellent. There's more of a mid push compared to my One10 cabs, to the point where on the One10 I boost the mids and for this cab I've cut them a bit. It has a great tone and I noticed it sounded very similar even when wandering around the room.

Low Bs are excellent and the treble is clear but without being ice-pick high, even with the treble boosted on my EMG equipped Sandberg (Flats)

I'll try my stingray and P bass (both with rounds) later on when I get a mo. I haven't tried any FX other than a compressor so far.

Just need that vaccine to get sorted and I can use it in anger...

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Cuzzie said:

Good

we need more info and possibly audio

Alas my recording kit is far away from my cab. And it's 99% plugin based.

I've got 1 good mic and it's for live vocal use.

As it happens me and a mate have been recording a lot but the plan is to use a proper studio for the vocals when the rest has been recorded properly. That way we can get access to loads of vocal mics we don't own / couldn't afford anyway.

17 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

@Cuzzie

Be gentle. My first upload!

iPhone only alas - and I think the bass might be a bit too quiet - and some finger clank is getting picked up. I'll need to have another go later. But in the meantime...

I had to edit it at 2 mins because the postman rang the doorbell! Git!

Hey I'm wearing the same T shirt, what a coincidence!

I got it from Alex when I moaned about how long my cab was taking to build and deliver.

Just now, fretmeister said:

Mine was early!

This was back in 2012 when manufacture was by hand. It took about 3 months, although I was promised 4 weeks.

When I ordered another cab in 2018 I had a good whinge about how long my old cab took to deliver, as I wasn't prepared to wait another 3 months for the new one.

It was delivered on time, this time :)

51 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

@Cuzzie

Be gentle. My first upload!

iPhone only alas - and I think the bass might be a bit too quiet - and some finger clank is getting picked up. I'll need to have another go later. But in the meantime...

I had to edit it at 2 mins because the postman rang the doorbell! Git!

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful 

Sounding good and looking good!

Love my Supertwin - I may have to get it out when the Mrs is out!

I have owned Super Twin serial number S001 from new - anyone interested in buying it will have to negotiate with my daughters when I've left this life.

I must try it with my newly acquired TE Elf - truly a pimple of an amp on a cab like this, but I reckon it'll sound great.

• Like 2