Why become a member? ×

Logic Lockdown Videos Audio Syncing issues

Owen

Hi Recording Forum Massive,

I am editing the dreaded lockdown videos. It is amazing what you can achieve with reverb and auto-tune. Anyway, a problem I am running into again and again is syncing audio. It comes in on phone camera videos. I can strip the audio off and drag stuff together so that everyone starts in the same place but then parts seem to stretch or contract so that they go out of sync with each other. I am thinking frame rates, . I am thinking sample rates. I am thinking unknown unkonwn rates. But nothing seems to make it work. Am I missing something obvious here? Logic tells me that the original frame rate is different from the set rate and then I keep the original rate and weirdness happens.

Humph, what to do?

TIA

never had that problem in either DaVinci resolve or even reaper video editing. Sounds weird, sorry I can't help but it sounds like a frame rate issue.

I think daVinci notices the differences and offers to standardise them when you load a new clip on a timeline. might be worth downloading it and giving it a go? It's free.

Edited by skidder652003