Why become a member? ×

Help, my ashdown mag 300 has no input signal or output😫

Syfer

Ok so those of you who can be bothered to read another mag 300 problem post, thanks for making it this far! 😂👍🏻

ok so today I got back my cab, that’s been sat at my former drummers house, the amp as a whole hasn’t been used for nearly 10 years..

so I’ve set her all up ready to see if time may have been kind to me or not and alas it has not. Amp head powers on and the Meter lights up, plugged a cable in that I know works as I was using it this morning and output cable to the cab..working also...nothing. Not even a twitch on the meter. 

could this be a fuse problem or something a little more sinister..

ive fallen back in love with playing bass again, after not even playing it for 7 years and Im craving the sound of a decent amp, other than a....😞 kustom

Edited by Syfer

Put the instrument cable in and out some 20 times. Do the same with the speaker cable to both ends. If there is an FX loop, put an instrument cable there and try to play. If these do not work, and the cables sure are fine, someone should open the units and find the fault.

Simple speaker test: put the speaker cable to the cab and connect a 9 V battery to the free plug end (polarity does not matter) to make a snap from the speaker. Snap: working, no snap, please contact some repairperson.