Why become a member? ×

Sky Arts and other music related programmes

PaulWarning

21 minutes ago, lowdown said:

Yes, Phil Mulford along with Mike Smith on Drums.

I too thought the Rhythm section and Orchestra were very good.

I wasn't sure about the vocals either. Pitchy at times and a bit twee (IMO, of course).

:D

To be fair, I thought the weakest vocalist was the first guy on, in the red jacket ( sorry, 

didn’t catch his name) - sounded a bit too musical theatre for me, and as you say a bit

pitchy. The others were good to amazing, especially the lady who sang at the Northern

Soul Orchestrated Prom last year. The backing vocalists were okay, but had one or two

moments where it sounded like one of them was actually singing some wrong notes.

Overall though, I really enjoyed it and just love hearing a big band / orchestra doing

such great stuff. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Currently on is Guy Garvey: From The Vaults 1983. Listening to these songs takes me back, my formative year, the one where I left school & started work, bought my first motorbike, discovered girls & beer, developed new friendships other than people from school including meeting other musicians and trying to set up new bands.