Why become a member? ×

Bass Direct

mattbass6

Its difficult, I know Mark is a bit of a marmite character but I like and have a lot of time for him, all my interactions have been good and he is passionate as anyone about bass gear and finding the best gear for bassists.  Its the staff that seem to get so many complaints, that mostly seem to center around not really caring about the job, which is a shame. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, neepheid said:

I will say one thing that made me chuckle - as soon as the order confirmation email came through, a second one immediately followed asking for a review.  Umm, save it for the dispatch confirmation email at least?  I'm not going to review you when I haven't even had any service from you yet, save for your very efficient removal of funds from my bank account ;)

Hi Neepheid, this is an automated reply upon placing your order, sorry if it appears pushy in any way :) 

2 minutes ago, Kev said:

Its difficult, I know Mark is a bit of a marmite character but I like and have a lot of time for him, all my interactions have been good and he is passionate as anyone about bass gear and finding the best gear for bassists.  Its the staff that seem to get so many complaints, that mostly seem to center around not really caring about the job, which is a shame. 

Hi Kev, I hope all is well.

We genuinely care about our customers and we are only too happy to talk about all things bass.

BD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rodders said:

My last contact with BD was a phone call asking about lightweight 4ohm cab options they available, the response was "Everything we have is on the website" - not interested in helping me or any discussion.  

So I called Bass Bros, Will was very helpful so I visited in person and came away with a awesome cab and a new bass!

Hi Rodders, i apologise for being short on the phone, it really was not my intention to upset you.

We were a man down last week with Marcus taking a week off, so things were particularly busy.

I am so pleased you got what you wanted and are happy.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you need anything.

BD

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Bass Direct said:

Hi Neepheid, this is an automated reply upon placing your order, sorry if it appears pushy in any way :) 

But it just as easily be automated to appear 2-3 days after notification of dispatch which would be a lot more useful and welcome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bass Direct said:

Hi Rodders, i apologise for being short on the phone, it really was not my intention to upset you.

We were a man down last week with Marcus taking a week off, so things were particularly busy.

I am so pleased you got what you wanted and are happy.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you need anything.

BD

Not a problem, my call was mid July, as I said I've also had two positive in person dealings with yourselves in the past. 

Just at that time as I'm sure many of us would appreaciate, a more welcoming tone and service would have been nice. 

7 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

But it just as easily be automated to appear 2-3 days after notification of dispatch which would be a lot more useful and welcome.

We will speak to our website developers and see how that can be changed.

Thank you so much for your feedback, it really helps us improve things from a customers point of view, which of course is the most important.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Not a problem, my call was mid July, as I said I've also had two positive in person dealings with yourselves in the past. 

Just at that time as I'm sure many of us would appreaciate, a more welcoming tone and service would have been nice. 

Apologies again for this, all of us here are constantly trying to improve how the shop runs, and coming here and seeing some of the comments is further inspiration to be better :) 

BD.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chienmortbb said:

It really is a positive that BD is interacting on here. 

Completely agree, it's also a bit one sided isn't, we get to moan about them, sometimes by name, they get to apologise or similar. I'd love to hear what they have to say about some of us (note I have an excellent solicitor)!  

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Completely agree, it's also a bit one sided isn't, we get to moan about them, sometimes by name, they get to apologise or similar. I'd love to hear what they have to say about some of us (note I have an excellent solicitor)!  

Contrary to the popular saying, the Customer isn't always right, but is always the Customer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Clarky said:

Pedant alert:

The original quote by Harry Selfridge was "the customer is always right in matters of taste" which has a quite different meaning to the shortened quote

"Yes sir, that luminous green Gibson Thunderbird with diamante decoration and feathered headstock does look fabulous..."

Have just bought a preamp from Bass Direct. It arrived well under 24 hours of ordering it. I ordered it over the phone, from Mark, having already spoken to him earlier in the day at length about which preamp to get. He couldn’t have been more helpful and patient and we had a good laugh along the way (apparently there’s a clone of me living in Islington but that’s another story).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/09/2024 at 15:39, Bass Direct said:

We will speak to our website developers and see how that can be changed.

While you're speaking to them, there's something that's a bit annoying. It used to be that in the "Basses" section, you had to click on the title of the item rather than on the picture or description in order to go to the page for that item - I notice that's been resolved (for all of the sections). However, I just went into the "Strings" section and when I filtered on brand and selected a single brand, clicking on the picture didn't go to the item but clicking on the title did. However, once I'd clicked on a title and gone to the item, and then used Alt-< to go back to the selected brand, clicking on the picture, title, or description worked.

Just experimented a bit more and it applies to the "Basses" section too. Go into "Basses", select one single brand from the Brand drop-down, then try clicking on the picture associated with any of the basses - it does nothing. Then click on the item title - the bass in question will be shown. Use the back arrow or Alt-< to go back to the page showing all the basses for that brand and click any of the pictures, and the selected bass will be shown.

10 hours ago, tauzero said:

While you're speaking to them, there's something that's a bit annoying. It used to be that in the "Basses" section, you had to click on the title of the item rather than on the picture or description in order to go to the page for that item - I notice that's been resolved (for all of the sections). However, I just went into the "Strings" section and when I filtered on brand and selected a single brand, clicking on the picture didn't go to the item but clicking on the title did. However, once I'd clicked on a title and gone to the item, and then used Alt-< to go back to the selected brand, clicking on the picture, title, or description worked.

Just experimented a bit more and it applies to the "Basses" section too. Go into "Basses", select one single brand from the Brand drop-down, then try clicking on the picture associated with any of the basses - it does nothing. Then click on the item title - the bass in question will be shown. Use the back arrow or Alt-< to go back to the page showing all the basses for that brand and click any of the pictures, and the selected bass will be shown.

Hi - thank you so much for letting us know, I will forward this to our web developer now and see what they can do :)