Why become a member? ×

Views on the Ibanez CS Mini for Bass

Vin Venal

Howdy.

I want a chorus pedal, and have very limited board space.

I know this is a guitar pedal, and as such there are very few bass focused reviews or demos.

Thought I'd solicit opinion from this community.

Does it work good for bass, and if not, what's a similarly tiny chorus that does?

For what it's worth I do like the sound of the CS mini when demod on guitar.

Cheers.

Haven't tried it out in person, but sounds good on the only 2 demos currently on YouTube featuring this pedal demoed on bass :

Personally I settled for the digital Boss CE-1 emulation, the "VintageCE" model, on my Zoom G1Xon with hacked firmware version, as it is not on that unit from stock (it's in the MS-70CDR multi stompbox though), which is actually a really great emulation of this legendary chorus effectm and which I run a fairly subtle tremolo effect, also from the G1Xon in front of in the chorus patch.

And if I need a little extra depth and lushness from the chorus I engage the Monarch Flanger (same as the old Arion Flanger) placed before the G1Xon, which I have placed in one of the effects loops in one of my Boss LS-2 pedals, blended in parallel with about an equal amount of clean signal from the other effects loop of the LS-2 (the flanger normally used blended in parallel with a phaser effect in this effects loop), which gives a fairly subtle chorus like effect, which works perfect in tandem with my chorus patch on the G1Xon. 

Edited by Baloney Balderdash