Why become a member? ×

Any info on this please !

Davel

Hi all 

can anyone help with information on this guitar please.

hutchins “Mersey” bass guitar 

I have bought for son , but can’t find any information anywhere .?seems rare?

i tried many ways to contact Hutchins guitars but have had no reply?

I have seen Hutchins “Hamburg” that is similar .

Any information would be much appreciated 

thank you 

Dave 

4A394CDE-3467-4CA3-8C2A-F1F5B46F1BDE.png

C3698A12-1810-40F5-9A78-394851FAA7AB.png

0C304EF9-E0A6-48E1-A281-831BCB9665B6.png

8314FCED-0931-4F58-A4C7-97DFAF4B1F60.png

E66ECF7E-A652-46A3-B656-224D7C259F91.png

655F2E72-2F13-4EEA-944E-D168B43D5002.png

B7FABB38-83DE-4C9E-9A8E-69C5F88B41F8.png

It's a Hofner copy by Hutchins probably made in the Far East but certainly not Germany. If it were a Hofner it may be rare or at least worth something, this is not in that category. It's in a case which is good, a cheap Far East Hofner is around £300 new. I think Hutchins just badged generic Far East imports, were not a bad brand but not sure if they are still going?

From their website:

Gary then turned his passion into his work and Hutchins Guitars was born. Over the next few months Gary studied guitar building, travelling to the Musik Messe in Germany to meet guitarists, makers and industry designers to talk guitars with other passionate like-minded people.

His travels, research and countless conversations across the industry taught him exactly what type of guitars were available and, more importantly, which were not. During these first few years Gary had the great fortune of encountering two guitar building gurus, Allan Entwistle and Trevor Wilkinson, both of whom he is now proud to call friends. After a year of research, study and travel Gary put together his first small range of guitars and basses and things grew from there.

More encounters with guitar makers including Graham Stockley, at the time with Hofner Guitars, Laura Libricz of Steinberger Sound, Gerd Schaller, a German Luthier and Harry Hornsey, a UK based Luthier helped Gary improve the range and ensured that the set up and playability of the guitars was of a high standard. The team now designs guitars that look different, look interesting, look GREAT and then makes them play!

The last words should be from Gary ... “Thank you for taking the time to visit and read my website. I hope you find my guitars of interest and that one day soon you will join the growing family of Hutchins guitar players and own one yourself.”

Neon Logo
Neon Logo
Chandler 6 Green
Chandler 6 Green
The Beast
The Beast

Pick ups
Pick ups
  • Like 1

Thank you yorks5stringer 

that’s sort of what I thought as hunted everywhere online I even contacted Gary Hutchins but no reply?.

the one thing that caught my attention was that I couldn’t find another anywhere.

still I bought for son , as he wanted hofner 62 , and far too expensive for me to buy , hopefully this will do him for now and he can dream of owning real hofner in future.