Why become a member? ×

Peavey Liberator J-84 Bass

BASSISACE

Well, it's certainly striking, almost a stealth bass if it wasn't for the paintwork.

It is however, nearly my ideal jazz bass in terms of pickup combinations, a decent bridge, and a 21 fret neck.

Oh, and does anyone else think of Blake's 7 when they read Liberator?

• 4 months later...

[quote name='BASSISACE' post='450491' date='Mar 31 2009, 01:32 PM']Hello all

Here's a picture of my Peavey J-84 Liberator.

The speil:

JOHN TAYLOR Liberator JT-84 Bass Guitar (2006 US limited edition 'Liberator Series' JT-84 bass guitar manufactured by Peavey, and co-designed by John Taylor and Juicy Couture. This professional, black-necked 21-fret guitar features a 34" scale with custom artwork, two humbucking pickups, and two volume/tone controls with black hardware. Housed in a green, custom-distressed, hard canvas case lined in pink faux fur, and complete with its custom WWII-issue canvas belt-style strap with relic oxide brass medallions, plus a custom amp/tuner, guitar case hanger, bullet coil cable and two plectrums -- PLUS a certificate of authenticity HAND-SIGNED and NUMBERED by John Taylor - #12 out of 100)

I have to admit it is the worst bass I have ever played, my "Vester" beginers bass was far better.
I was really looking forward to getting this bass, serious dissapoint on receiving it.
The bass itself is extremely cheap & plasticy, feels like playing a Guitar Hero controller!
It's basically THE cheapest bass that Peavey have produced that John has "designed".
By design it's paint design as there are no technical advancements here.
It's an art/collectable item only, I would never gig this bass.
It's not even listed by Peavey as an officially released item.
THOUGHT....John himself doesnt even play this bass with Duran.

I will keep it for collectors value. I have never seen any others pop up for sale since.[/quote]
Good luck with the sale. :)