Why become a member? ×

1977 1978 Fender Precision Bass Case Sold Price Reduced £2000 plus shipping UK
£2450
East Devon

Longwheelbass

1.thumb.jpg.4c3319704e11d26e25576665ceaacf26.jpg

CASE HAS BEEN SOLD, price reduced to £2000 plus shipping UK.

Gentlemen and ladies I am selling this P Bass and my other 1968 Telecaster Bass to focus on procuring a Jazz.

I'll list the 68T separately, so for now, here's the details on this one:

Bought recently from a retailer up north, the bass came to me with shot pots, so I replaced them with brand new CTS 250k units. It has an original ceramic disc cap at 0.05. Bridge and knobs are original, bridge parts all move freely, its original black guard was missing so I purchased the black no bevel anodized guard for it.

Neck is dated 77 as per headstock serial, and the pickups are dated 78. Pickups still have original black n white PVC leads and undisturbed bobbin solder points so they have not been re-wound. Just need a bit of extra foam under them as the original factory foam is crushed flat and gone hard. I'll sort that.

Tuners are early 70's, one is an R tuner the other 3 are no R.

Finish is original, and obviously well worn and well played.

Neck has good medium jumbo frets, can't say whether they're original but they're nickel and plenty of life left in them. B width at the nut (1 5/8"). Truss rod is not buried and appears to have been very rarely touched. Works as it should.

Bass weighs in at 9.25 lbs 4.2kg and is an ash body. Must be the other type of Ash - not Northern boat anchor.

Sounds awesome like a P Bass should (doesn't play like butter though - no butter involved).

Comes with an original Fender hardcase with all latches working, ends aren't trashed and very good tolex. Previous band name on it has been oversprayed with black paint. Price is firm, I have the bass on fleabay without the case at a slightly lower price.

If you don't want/need the case I will sell for £2150.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3042.jpg

IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3044.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

2.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

Edited by Turbineclimber
Case sold, price adjustment

• Longwheelbass changed the title to 1977 1978 Fender Precision Bass Case Sold Price Reduced £2000 plus shipping UK