Why become a member? ×

Fender Dimension P**N

Fettsman

• 2 weeks later...

They’re both lovely in the violin burst finish. 

I had my USA Deluxe 4HH up for sale but I’ve again gone off the idea of parting with it as A) the Valenti I was after is no longer available and B) the Dimension is a super versatile bass that’s going to prove its worth in my new project. 

I’ve recently applied a number of coats of oil and wax to the unfinished neck and it’s now lush. Very similar to an EBMM neck in how tactile it is. 

01855B55-6E03-4113-A0E0-6D3F28C39FEC.thumb.jpeg.f34939cdb416d3502cf04d4bc3044b55.jpeg

• Like 3

Fender finally came out with something new and totally viable and the bass playing public in the main probably thought, “Why isn’t that a P or J?” and then moaned about no new innovations. :facepalm:

Should’ve been way more successful IMO, but I suppose the majority of punters that wanted something like the Dimension, bought something from Ernie Ball. I wonder if the reverse applied to EB’s P type, Cutlass?

Nice basses you chaps have there, well done for being different.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Massive sellers regret coming on lately over the one I let go in 2021☹️

Overall vibe, neck feel and profile, string spacing etc are very, very close to a StingRay 5HH. In between sounds were wonderful.

I've realised I've partly now got a Sterling Ray35HH( which is a lovely bass in its own right) not kust because it is half the price of a used full fat USA one, but also about trying to atone for some of the Dimension Deluxe 5HH sellers regret I currently have. 

Trust me, If you see one come up for sale, buy it!!

Screenshot_20230622_140443_Photos.thumb.jpg.8bd827e8bf16551c8209d46016b14c35.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...