Why become a member? ×

Heads Up!!! Sennheiser G3 wireless released today

crez5150

Hi Guys

Just a quick heads up as Sennehiser release the latest version of the Evolution Wireless.... G3!!

Has some updated features (extended AF also) but most notably for us plank spankers is the inclusion of a built in Tuner!!

[url="http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/professional_wireless-microphone-systems_wireless-instrument-systems_ew-100-g3_021104"]Sennheiser EW100 G3[/url]

Cheers

Jay

[quote name='Finbar' post='454232' date='Apr 4 2009, 05:43 PM']I still prefer the look of the digital units that are starting to peek through rather than the UHF ones. And this is pretty expensive, even if it does have a tuner.[/quote]

The reason Sennheiser have not gone digital as of yet is that Analogue way outperforms Digital in the Audio department still.

Listen to a decent analogue system versus Digital and there is no competition. We will go digital eventually but only when we are happy with the Audio results...

[quote name='51m0n' post='456849' date='Apr 7 2009, 09:48 PM']Sorry but that tuner is really a gimmick.

Anyone blowing half a grand on a wireless will pop 120 on a 'proper' rack tuner that you can see from half a mile away....[/quote]

Actually i would get that unit over something esle in the same price range FOR the tuner.

My rig is as minimal as i can make it. Amp on top of the cab, AKG receiver on top of the amp. Korg DT4 tuner hanging off the tuner out which normally means its hanging down the back of the rig after a few numbers.
Having the tuner and receiver in one box is a great idea IMHO. Its not a great all singing all dancing tuner but then all it has to do is tune, how many buttons and features does that take.
I understand that a rack tuner will be easier to see from a distance but i would will still have to walk over to it to mute the amp while tuning.

Personally its good enough for me. I only tune up at the start of the night anyway.

If only it was £200 cheaper.

Well you appear to carry twice as many amps as me :)

Still go for a rack tuner every time, and like you I tune at the beginning of each set (unless drunken muppet stumbles into bass - singers are like that you know!)

I'll settle for a rack tuner personally still.