Why become a member? ×

SOLD - 'Chodera' Cheap Fodera copy 5 string bass 34" 15mm bridge centers
£250
Blyth

warwickhunt

This is NOT what it appears to be and it does NOT have EMG pups in it.  

My dabble into 5 strings is sated and this may as well go.  

This plays and sounds a lot better than it should... it genuinely does!  Obviously it doesn't have book matched timbers (they are stained) and the inlays aren't super quality pearl/abalone but it is a solid timber (not ply) and the neck is a real pleasure with a really nice low action.  In fact a BCer came to buy my combo and brought his top of the range Sandberg and he was frankly amazed how well this played.  One point to note is that the nut is 46mm wide and the string centres are 8.3mm apart.  To me (not much experience with 5's) the spacing is close but very playable but I'm sure I've read that some necks are much wider. 

Happy to ship it if the buyer pays full insured courier costs.  'Possibly' take a trade on it to which I could put cash but... PLEASE do not message me with bits of kit that I can clearly find on BC / eBay / FB for £200 and tell me it is worth £500, I'm not daft and I know how to search for relative values.  Likewise '1 off' custom orders that you may well have paid £3000 for but sadly the average bassist values at £500, I can't give you £2000.  Sorry it is better if I'm just up front about it rather than waste anyone's time.  

I'm partial to a light weight bass so anything that you 'estimate' to be over 9lb (and will likely be 10lb+) isn't of interest.  Be sure to message me with offers and not directly on this thread.  

image.png.d1accecf290ad4e7ad7e7cc4a9ee0461.png

image.png.7b28525f39c81633ee9f82d93a0a65bc.png

image.png.a8e3052d1e079a4b3276eadfc88bb10c.png

image.png.7a7f320b478eb06980269aab8cef3d81.png

image.png.0a08a3b816967f46f8d0c2eae2c6e8dd.png

Edited by warwickhunt
  • Like 2

• warwickhunt changed the title to 'Chodera' Cheap Fodera copy 5 string bass 34" 15mm bridge centres
  • warwickhunt changed the title to 'Chodera' Cheap Fodera copy 5 string bass 34" 15mm bridge centers
  • 2 weeks later...
  • warwickhunt changed the title to SOLD - 'Chodera' Cheap Fodera copy 5 string bass 34" 15mm bridge centers