Why become a member? ×

Mustang Rally

Open E

Does "Mustang-shaped" count? My Atelier Z Baby Z has Mustang dimensions and the narrow Musicmaster string spacing, but with JJ pickups and active electronics so it's more of a shortscale powerjazz. 

IMG-20220326-WA0012.thumb.jpg.6e2e9502b12f2c7706b7f5b7480865dd.jpg

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, LeftyJ said:

Does "Mustang-shaped" count? My Atelier Z Baby Z has Mustang dimensions and the narrow Musicmaster string spacing, but with JJ pickups and active electronics so it's more of a shortscale powerjazz. 

IMG-20220326-WA0012.thumb.jpg.6e2e9502b12f2c7706b7f5b7480865dd.jpg

I came very close to buying on of these on import, but by the time I’d hemmed and hawed, they sold it.

34 minutes ago, AlexDelores said:

Good to hear! I’d really like to get my hands on a JMJ to have a play. I’ve heard they’re knock spots off every other Mustang. 

But, I’m curious, does anyone know if the feels chunkier than the Vintera neck? The only thing I’m struggling with mine is that I think I just prefer a slimmer neck. I can get round the Mustang neck. But, then I pick up my Jazz and it’s so much more comfortable! 

I also think I’d like to chuck a humbucker on it. But, I’ve heard the pickups are loads better on the JMJ.

Haven’t played the Vintera, but I’d describe the neck as a cross between a J and a P. The pickup on the JMJ is very good, sounds just like my old ‘63 P.

• Thanks 1

My Squier CV Mustang, I got it in a trade and the neck had already been refinished, I added the Vintera scratchplate. I love playing it and it sounds good recorded but I'm not so keen on the colour so one day I might strip it and see what the wood under the finish is like.

IMG_20240828_085614605.jpg

Edited by Rumple
  • Like 2