Why become a member? ×

Rotosound Nexus Strings - have you tried them yet?

Has anyone tried the new Nexus coated strings from Rotosound yet?

I am going to try a set of coated strings as I love the zingy sound from a new set of strings but just wish it would last longer. I have read on the forum that the life of the Elixir strings is good but also some really bad comments about the coating coming off which I must admit does worry me a little.

Hoping the the Nexus strings could be the answer but not keen to shell out on them if they are crap and not as good the Elixir's.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Do they keep their brightness for a long time?

What sort of price do they go for?

Mark

[quote name='Rowbee' post='454452' date='Apr 5 2009, 01:02 AM']You could also try DR coated strings and the bonus is they come in all kinds of funky colours too.[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='455102' date='Apr 6 2009, 02:29 AM']Do they keep their brightness for a long time?

What sort of price do they go for?

Mark[/quote]

I personally think so, they're not uber bright out of the box, just right and they stay that way for a looooong time. I found much longer than Elixir strings, which once they were going they went very quickly.

Best place is Ebay and at the moment you can get them for £30 a set. Because of the current exchange rates it's not so attractive to buy them from the US but still a little cheaper.

When you say not uber bright - can you give any more clarification? Or should I say that I like the Marcus Miller type sound - are they as bright as that?

Thanks

Mark

[quote name='Rowbee' post='455701' date='Apr 6 2009, 06:12 PM']I personally think so, they're not uber bright out of the box, just right and they stay that way for a looooong time. I found much longer than Elixir strings, which once they were going they went very quickly.

Best place is Ebay and at the moment you can get them for £30 a set. Because of the current exchange rates it's not so attractive to buy them from the US but still a little cheaper.[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='455705' date='Apr 6 2009, 06:15 PM']When you say not uber bright - can you give any more clarification? Or should I say that I like the Marcus Miller type sound - are they as bright as that?

Thanks

Mark[/quote]

I would say no, I personally feel they have a "week-on" sound and don't have that zingy MM sound. Perhaps not for you then. :)

Would anyone say that the Elixir or Rotosound Nexus strings are bright enough for the MM sound when fresh on?

[quote name='Rowbee' post='455729' date='Apr 6 2009, 06:43 PM']I would say no, I personally feel they have a "week-on" sound and don't have that zingy MM sound. Perhaps not for you then. :)[/quote]