Why become a member? ×

Stacked Pots and Knobs

evenin chaps

got a MIM P bass, loaded with Badass II bridge and the P pup from an APJ-1 BassLines ProActive set. I want to pop the J pup in on monday or tuesday, but will need another pot for the vol control.

What I DONT want to do is add an extra one - i.e. a third pot, cuz that just looks terrible IMO.

I would idealy like a stacked pot. I'm using 100K audio taper pots at the moment with a paper film cap for the tone control.

Does anybody know where I can order a stacked pot (100K/100K), another standard 100K pot for the tone control and, crucially, a set of matching chrome barrel knobs?

Cheers
Karl

Why 100k? - hard to find and a bit of a dark tone unless you're running an active bass. Then again, if you're running an active bass, 25k is more usual. If you want a warm tone on a passive go for 250/250 or 500/500 for brighter.

I run a 500/500 stacked pot on my P and it sounds warm enough for me.

Have a look at www.axesrus.com for bits

[quote name='Hamster' post='454282' date='Apr 4 2009, 07:06 PM']Why 100k? - hard to find and a bit of a dark tone unless you're running an active bass. Then again, if you're running an active bass, 25k is more usual. If you want a warm tone on a passive go for 250/250 or 500/500 for brighter.

I run a 500/500 stacked pot on my P and it sounds warm enough for me.

Have a look at www.axesrus.com for bits[/quote]

I am currently using 100K pots, as the pickups are active. The pots are what came with my pickup set. I'll have a look on axesrus.com cheers.