Why become a member? ×

Nomad Bassman For Sale, £45 + p&p

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks,

I bought this [b]Nomad Bassman[/b] 19" 1U FX unit from the Beedster last year in the hope of rekindling my love/hate relationship with all things bass from the 80s, but sadly it wasn't meant to be!!

The Nomad seems to be quite a rare piece of kit and I've looked around on Ebay and Harmony Central amongst other places for more info on the company or the unit itself, but I just can't find a thing about either. Here's some pictures of it in my rack unit which is also for sale [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=45755"]HERE[/url], though obviously, the amp is not for sale:

[attachment=23325:March_09_003.jpg] [attachment=23326:March_09_014.jpg] [attachment=23328:March_09_012.jpg]

It's pretty versatile, with an excellent Chorus sound, pretty good Octaver, an okay Flanger and a very good Compressor, though it's not subtle! The effects can be used independently or in any combination of the four. Soundwise, using all 4 effects together is just a bit too processed sounding for me, but using the Compressor and the Octaver together can give you some great [b]P-Funk[/b] sounds!

Anyway, I'm looking for around [b]£45 + p&p[/b]. Am happy to post or it can be collected and tried out first for anyone who's nearby.. Thanks for looking and, any questions, please just ask!

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

I sooooo miss that baby and would have it back had I not taken the decision a year ago that I would bever use FX again. Yes, the compressor is overkill, but it is such glorious overkill! The funk sounds that I could get out of this unit were incredible making it more of a bass synth than an FX unit. Bootsy eat ya heart out :)
This is a stupid price (I think less than you paid me Nik and that was a stupid price), and it's a very rare piece of kit so well worth a speculative punt.
Chris
PS goes without saying that Nik is an awesome guy to deal with

[quote name='Beedster' post='455193' date='Apr 6 2009, 10:06 AM']I sooooo miss that baby and would have it back had I not taken the decision a year ago that I would bever use FX again. Yes, the compressor is overkill, but it is such glorious overkill! The funk sounds that I could get out of this unit were incredible making it more of a bass synth than an FX unit. Bootsy eat ya heart out :)
This is a stupid price (I think less than you paid me Nik and that was a stupid price), and it's a very rare piece of kit so well worth a speculative punt.
Chris
PS goes without saying that Nik is an awesome guy to deal with[/quote]
Thanks for the kind words Chris!

Yes, 'more of a bass synth' sums it up well and it does give a good Bootsy/P-Funk impression! It's a very versatile piece of kit for not too much money as you say...

Hope all's well with you; how are you getting along with that lovely fretless Wal by the way? :rolleyes:

Nik