Why become a member? ×

Please Delete

BIG.J

The power splitting (2x200w into x2 4ohm loads) may not suit everyone but that is a cracking amp @ practice amp price!

Pair this with something like a couple of Peavey 4ohm 2x10TX cabs and it makes a 'proper' gigging amp. Despite needing a service, if I were looking for a first proper amp I'd snap this up... probably because it was an amp/rig I ran many years ago. :)

Good luck with the sale.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='456520' date='Apr 7 2009, 03:56 PM']I'm in the market for a back up amp - a couple of questions if you don't mind....what does " a little servicing" mean and will it be loud enough through 2x8ohm Aguilar 112s for small - medium sized gigs?[/quote]

I can help you with the 2nd half of your question Al. :)

I ran one of these some years back and as with most Peavey stuff they always seem to punch above their weight and as I recall I had no worries driving a pair of 8ohm cabs prior to getting a pair of 4ohm TX cabs. Speaking strictly in terms of wattage you'd be looking at about 130w - 150w out of each side but your cabs will make the most of that and for small/medium sized venues you'd be fine. The good thing is you could easily add another 8ohm cab or two and you'd not stress the amp.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='456520' date='Apr 7 2009, 03:56 PM']I'm in the market for a back up amp - a couple of questions if you don't mind....what does " a little servicing" mean and will it be loud enough through 2x8ohm Aguilar 112s for small - medium sized gigs?[/quote]

Everything works fine! I have tested both sides of the amp using a Peavey 115 BW Cab 4ohm?

Having been stored away for a while just thought whoever wants to use it on aregular basis could treat it to a once over (Switch cleaner etc etc) as a few pots & slides are a little crackly when moved.

Nothing major - Will show working for any potential buyer!

I have just placed it on Ebay but will withdraw the item if anyone wants it!

Cheers

Justin.

Also used one of these for many happy years.

With a case at that price ...................... bargain!!!

good luck ............ someone will have a nice bit of kit!