Why become a member? ×

Owen Electronics Bass Gremlin Overdrive - *SOLD*
£95
London

Gwilym

I had an earlier advert trying to sell this some years ago, so let's try again.

Originally I said that it's "Nice sounding and I thought would be what I was after I.e. something not too gnarly sounding. Turns out I wanted something gnarly". As it turned out, I don't want gnarly at all :D

Quoted from the Owen web site at the time:

Low compression overdrive for bass guitar, two foot switched filters and mix control.This was a very transparent sounding pedal that was great for bassists who wanted just a bit of grit and warmth added to their sound.

It comes with the original protective bag, and I also have an instruction sheet for it that Mr. Owen kindly sent to me.

£95 posted anywhere in the UK or collection in central London/Shepherd's Bush

Trades considered on this, but no fuzz/od/distortion type pedals. Filters, octavers & anything that brings the funk ;)

Will load some photos when I've figured that bit out.

When I got the pedal I didn't have the manual, and I mailed this to Owen Electronics

After playing with it for a while, I have the following observation, and was wondering if you could advise whether the unit is working correctly.

Basically there is quite an obvious difference in volume between the "Notch" and "Bandpass" filter channels, when switching between them.

When both "Push to mix" buttons are disengaged:

- The mix control does nothing for both channels (which makes sense).
- The "Bandpass" channel seems to not have a mix of dirty and clean signals (as best as I can describe it)
- The "Notch" channel seems to have an "equal" mix of dirty and clean signals (hence sounds louder than the "Bandpass" channel).

When both "Push to mix" buttons engaged:

- The mix control becomes engaged for each channel, as expected, however:
- The "Bandpass" sweep seems to go from only clean signal (clockwise) sweeping to only diry signal (counter clockwise). (This makes sense).
- The "Notch" sweep seems to go from only clean signal (clockwise) sweeping to diry signal (counter clockwise), but the clean signal is not "mixed" out. i.e at fully counter clockwise, it sounds like an equal mix of dirty and clean signal.

Hopefully I've managed to explain that reasonably clearly? :)

To which I got the following response from them:

From your description the pedal is behaving as it should, the Bass Gremlin is a very reliable pedal and rarely develops any faults.

PXL_20220221_212005725.jpg

PXL_20220221_211910762.jpg

PXL_20220221_211918466.jpg

PXL_20220221_211929475.jpg

PXL_20220221_211956161.jpg

PXL_20220221_212014887.jpg

PXL_20220221_212021021.jpg

PXL_20220221_212028877.jpg

PXL_20220221_212041949.jpg

Edited by Gwilym
Title
  • Like 4