Why become a member? ×

Swansea/Mumbles Open Mics?

Phil Starr

Anyone know of any open mics down in the Swansea area? We are down for a long weekend staying in Mumbles and I'm being allowed out on Thurs night. Inevitably all the internet is serving us up are pubs that closed down their open mics two years ago.

As much as I dislike faceabook it might be the best place for current information.

NZ has a national site ''Eventfinder''. I think it mines the internet as well as putting up small local current venue and the promoter gig announcements with ticket sales. Maybe UK has something similar. Everything from the local cat fanciers competition to art,  comedy, open mics to pub gigs to big tour shows in stadiums.

Facebook is hopeless for things things like this, their search engine is utterly useless turning up open mics in India and down in Southwest England but nothing in Wales. There are a couple of dedicated open mic sites turned up by Google but neither of them do any maintenance so they are advertising OM's in pubs that closed down two years ago. I did find one FB group but the last post was 2014. Round here I know where to look because I know most of the local musicians and can tap into that network. It's their individual pages that are useful not FB as a system.

I'm hoping someone here has a bit of local knowledge.

On the plus side this is living proof that the metaverse has no idea of what I might be interested in :)

The Bay View pub on the main Oystermouth Rd close to Brangwyn Hall used to have an open mic night. It’s a few years since I last went so couldn’t tell you if it’s still going. Not sure what night either. 

• Thanks 1