Why become a member? ×

Basschatters' Upcoming Gigs

Stub Mandrel

I’m playing with blues band The Alligators this Saturday at the Burton Agnes Jazz and Blues Festival.

Situated in the Yorkshire Wolds, Burton Agnes Hall is an Elizabethan Manor House. The festival is an

annual event and this will be it’s 17th year. 
http://burtonagnes.com

IMG_0331.png

IMG_0332.jpeg

• Like 6

Wedding this weekend. It's for the daughter of one of the guitarists (Dave... the guitarist's name, not the daughter's), and they've asked for some alternative music and a couple of special requests...so yay! We have songs by the likes of Volbeat, Linkin Park, Reef and Foo Fighters to play with.

The other guitarist (Richard) however is unavailable for this gig as he's expecting a baby to arrive imminently, well, his wife is anyway. So my brother (Ross) is stepping into the breach to cover him. Only had a couple of rehearsals with him and he's done a grand job learning his parts.  Richard usually manages the new digital mixer, however. But I have a pretty good understanding of it though, so we should be okay, setting up and sound checking may take a little longer and turn the air bluer than usual. Oh, and our super-sub Sophie is singing with us again.

The whole band is invited for the entire day, so it will be a long one! Getting in the venue at 10am to load in and set up drums and PA, with my brother arriving after 11am as he has a longer drive, and do a line check to set his mind at ease as he's never gone ampless before. Hopefully, enough time to nip home and get changed in time for the Ceremony at 1.30. Speeches and food at 4pm by which time I'll be starving, but it should give us time for a quick sound check. First dance at 7pm then we're on playing up to 90mins straight through with a hasty pack down to make way for the DJ.

I haven't felt anxious about a gig in a long time, but I am for this one.

Edited by Greg Edwards69
  • Like 4

3 bands in a boozer in town and all for a good cause!

It'll be a short set from us (45 mins I think) therefore we're going with 100% Felis Leo, no covers 😀 ... I like it that way. 

We're playing a couple of tunes we haven't played live yet, keeps it fresh innit 👍🏻

Looking forward to the support artists, feels a bit like the old days when I'd gig at the Joiners and Talking Heads and watch a lot of bands on the bill you never heard of before (I've been in covers bands far too long 😆)

IMG_20240706_091802_951.thumb.jpg.27f9a8a057c13fedc340563e882e7549.jpg

• Like 4

For any North East basschatters local to Spennymoor, I’ll be strutting my stuff at the rather marvellous Penny Gill Rick Bar on Sunday afternoon with Southern Incorporated, bringing the music of Lynyrd Skynyrd, Blackberry Smoke, Whiskey Myers, and more. If you’re in this neck of the woods come and say Hi 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickeyboro said:

Assume you're Fine Lines, Jimmy. What kind of music and when are you on? I have friends I can notify. 

We are! We're an Americana/Folk/Country style band (we have a fiddle player, so whatever genre that puts us in, I'm never overly sure).

We're playing on the Sunday, not sure of the time yet, but I think it will be early afternoon. Hopefully it won't be too early, as I'm coming back on a ferry in the morning, so have got a bit of a trip to get there.

This is the song we're opening with, so they'll know when to leave 🤣)

https://youtu.be/mkQjcp2if3c?si=CO0ouqr9O9mBSuRK

• Thanks 1

On 17/07/2024 at 17:15, Leonard Smalls said:

We're in Hereford again on 26th July with US hardcore boys Potbelly

They've got in a bit of trouble for making inappropriately supporty noises for Kyle Gass... However amid a storm of protest, they gained a number of extra followers and sold a shedload of merch, the profits of which they donated to Black Lives Matter. So we may have a larger than expected crowd!

chokedvictory1.jpg

• Like 3

We’re looking forward to next Wednesday, playing on the main stage at the Essex International Scout and Guide Jamboree. It’s a massive event with a couple of proper festival sized stages, with big screens and huge PA systems. We did this event a number of years ago, playing to around 10,000 kids and staff from all over the world, so we’re very much looking forward to this one again. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Greg Edwards69 said:

We’re looking forward to next Wednesday, playing on the main stage at the Essex International Scout and Guide Jamboree. It’s a massive event with a couple of proper festival sized stages, with big screens and huge PA systems. We did this event a number of years ago, playing to around 10,000 kids and staff from all over the world, so we’re very much looking forward to this one again. 

My Cousin used to be involved in organising that last time I think. He’s had a bit of heart issues surgery etc recently so probably not this time ! 

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.b628094e4d69acec661e5a78b58978bd.png

August kicks off with us welcoming Fynnius Fogg back to The Place after their hugely successful gig in September.

Fynnius Fogg, with three original members, from Bedford, started their band in the late ‘60s playing Pop and Rock numbers. Their popularity grew as they travelled the county and they were signed to Pye records in the early ‘70s.

They finally finished playing in 1979 when other career opportunities called. After a reunion party in 1991 they decided to reform with the original band members but decided not to take any fees for gigs and just raise as much money for various charities as they could.

To date they have raised over £700,000 for charities and good causes. They will be raising money this time for the theatre’s Raise the Roof Campaign. Catch them live on Friday 2nd August at 7.30pm.

• Like 3

On 21/07/2024 at 12:59, jimmyb625 said:

We are! We're an Americana/Folk/Country style band (we have a fiddle player, so whatever genre that puts us in, I'm never overly sure).

We're playing on the Sunday, not sure of the time yet, but I think it will be early afternoon. Hopefully it won't be too early, as I'm coming back on a ferry in the morning, so have got a bit of a trip to get there.

This is the song we're opening with, so they'll know when to leave 🤣)

https://youtu.be/mkQjcp2if3c?si=CO0ouqr9O9mBSuRK

Like this a lot! Did you finish the album?

• Like 1

I'm back with blues band 'The Alligators' this Saturday 3rd August at The Queens Hotel on the High Street 

in Bridlington's Old Town.

After my last outing with them on guitar I am fortunately back on bass 😆

Looking forward to it.

• Like 1