Why become a member? ×

Basschatters' Upcoming Gigs

Stub Mandrel

On 25/07/2024 at 11:57, Mickeyboro said:

Like this a lot! Did you finish the album?

Cheers! 

We have one due out in a couple of weeks (or months, no one ever tells me) which will have 3 new tracks, plus some of the ones we usually feature in a set. A kind of "greatest hits" although no one's really heard of us. 

We ended up having to pull out of the Wickham Festival, as the main singer caught an infection which he couldn't shift, so that was a bit disappointing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jimmyb625 said:

Cheers! 

We have one due out in a couple of weeks (or months, no one ever tells me) which will have 3 new tracks, plus some of the ones we usually feature in a set. A kind of "greatest hits" although no one's really heard of us. 

We ended up having to pull out of the Wickham Festival, as the main singer caught an infection which he couldn't shift, so that was a bit disappointing.

Do let is know when released! Sorry about Wickham, I am up in London so could not make it. 

• Like 1

On 05/08/2024 at 08:49, Leonard Smalls said:

Our next outing is at a Blood Bikes Wales benefit at a campsite (with the best beer in North wales, allegedly!) near Pwhelli. There's even a crazy cars/bikes/machines show...

image.thumb.png.74a63f8f1d4789fc4335ed97c2aefb98.png

Sound bigger than the one we did for them in the south! If they are just as welcoming you'll have a great time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Edenburgh said:

So he's not a basschatter...but he's the son of this basschatter.  Awfy proud of him and his band, Lowtide, doing a (sold out) show for the BBC at the Edinburgh Fringe tonight...

Screenshot_20240814-152207.png

Messenger_creation_42daa08e-45c0-49fa-adfe-e7deca1a5907.jpeg

40th anniversary p-bass?

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out my next rehearsal with the Hulla band will be a kind of gig, too. We usually rehearse in a village hall (half the band are on the committee and a portion of our annual profit goes to help run the hall). But this Sunday there's an art exhibition there. So we've been offered the use of the local lifeboat station (!) The BL is one of the helmsmen and the Saxophonist is the station manager and, as a band that plays solely to raise money for charity, about a third of our annual take goes to the RNLI. The station is about 200 yards from the hall and they have promised to remove the boat to make room and, of course, in case there's a shout. As the station is close to the beach, we'll pick up an audience and I expect we'll have the RNLI collecting buckets out. Band on the Beach!😀

• Like 5

On 24/08/2024 at 15:05, Franticsmurf said:

The station is about 200 yards from the hall and they have promised to remove the boat to make room and, of course, in case there's a shout. As the station is close to the beach, we'll pick up an audience and I expect we'll have the RNLI collecting buckets out. Band on the Beach!😀

Can you blag your way onto Saving Lives at Sea? 🌊 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stephen Houghton said:

Will do, think we've played with them before, we are on main stage 5pm Saturday

Will tell my friends who are going to see Nektar and SoM to give you a listen!

• Like 1

This coming Saturday (31st) I’ll be gracing the main stage at one of the biggest local bike rally’s Stormin’ The Castle with our tribute to Southern rock “Southern Incorporated”. We have the prestigious 8:30pm slot just before the headliners Phil Campbell and the Bastard Sons (let’s see what the profanity filter makes of that 😂).

This is probably one of the biggest local gigs you can get as a covers band so to say we’re excited is an understatement.

If any Basschatters are in attendance please come and say hello.

Image.jpeg

• Like 7

I’m at The Tap and Spile in Scarborough this Saturday, August 31st with ‘The Alligators’ blues band.

Rather low budget promo below, conveniently missing my bass playing predecessor!

IMG_0357.jpeg

• Like 4

How have I only just found out about this thread?! Very cool, hope to be able to come to some of your gigs! 

Our next one is at The Monument, Whitecross Road, Hereford this Friday.Screenshot_20240826-105307.thumb.png.204e77b8f02ba9f5e232235883ddef66.png

• Like 5

A bit short notice (although to be honest, does it really matter - how many BCers are there in/around Fraserburgh? ;) )

Playing with Nine Lives at the Balaclava on Friday 30th August.

image.thumb.png.d58accdaeba812c2bce17405785030da.png

Edited by neepheid
  • Like 4