Why become a member? ×

Bassmutes, which one are you using

Reggaebass

I never thought I would do this... First flatwounds on my Sandberg Lionel shorty, and now mutes :ph34r:

The Acinonyx one is for my Atelier Z Baby Z-4J which has narrower string spacing. Yes, I know I paid too much (ordered directly from Carey). But I was sold after trying one from the guy I bought my Sandberg from. 

20240709_183224.thumb.jpg.9519bd0e3f359419b4d9ae11bae4cb9b.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LeftyJ said:

I never thought I would do this... First flatwounds on my Sandberg Lionel shorty, and now mutes :ph34r:

The Acinonyx one is for my Atelier Z Baby Z-4J which has narrower string spacing. Yes, I know I paid too much (ordered directly from Carey). But I was sold after trying one from the guy I bought my Sandberg from. 

20240709_183224.thumb.jpg.9519bd0e3f359419b4d9ae11bae4cb9b.jpg

Cool, I’ve found the nordymutes do a great job when your looking that certain sound , and they easily lift on or off 

I made a Nordy-esque mute a year or two back. The sponge was from some packing material which I glued to an offcut of wood trim. I added a couple of little magnets so I can put it on my mic stand when it's not in use.

20240710_094524.thumb.jpg.1b2c468aa14f9de6855c83f2cfe6028b.jpg

Edited by rushbo
  • Like 4

when i first began playing bass in the seventies i started off using a sponge mute purely from my own invention since there was no internet in those days to get ideas from and i was trying to figure out how to play this instrument completely from a self discovery/ self taught point of view and at some stage i must have thought it was easier to simply palm mute...never looked back on that one.

• Like 1