Why become a member? ×

Zoom B1 four vs MS60-B

uk_lefty

I'm looking at both as a small and easy to use replacement for my Helix Stomp. I'm not using the Stomp to anything like it's capability so want to get good quality individual pedals for my essentials and have a multi available just in case for anything a bit weird required in the band repertoire. I know both these pedals are highly thought of but just wanting to weigh up the pros and cons of each.

Thank you! 

Zoom Fanboi declaration of interest. 

I found that the MS 60-B had a great small footprint and great sounds and effects but, it was just too fiddly to use live. Yes you can step through 4 presets but just not easy to make changes on the fly.

The B1Four is so much more user friendly.  It's a little wider and not in a metal alloy case but it is robust enough for gigging. 

I have two B1Fours and a B6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JohnDaBass said:

Zoom Fanboi declaration of interest. 

I found that the MS 60-B had a great small footprint and great sounds and effects but, it was just too fiddly to use live. Yes you can step through 4 presets but just not easy to make changes on the fly.

The B1Four is so much more user friendly.  It's a little wider and not in a metal alloy case but it is robust enough for gigging. 

I have two B1Fours and a B6.

Thanks, John.

I hadn't realised but Al Krow has already done a detailed comparison of these pedals a few years back and directed me to it. Your comments are backed up by Al. I think it's an easy decision.

Also I think Marcus Miller has a B1 four "for fun".

• Like 2