Why become a member? ×

Squier Vintage Modified Precision PJ Candy Apple Red, with hard case, lightweight, slim neck, upgraded, will post - *SOLD*
£360
Southport

dmc79

SOLD

For sale (no trade offers please) is a Squier by Fender Vintage Modified Precision PJ bass from 2013 in lovely Candy Apple Red with rosewood fingerboard. Comes in Fender shaped hard case. Long scale, right handed.

This is a really great bass that punches above its price point. It has a normal precision nut width of 1.625 inches, but a slim and very playable front to back thickness, measured with digital calipers as just 0.792 inches at the 1st fret and 0.918 inches at the 12th fret (neck profile near identical to the American Specials that were known for their slim necks). Bought from another Basschatter, as a kind of stopgap bass whilst waiting for something else to come up. That is now here, so I need to let this one go.

Excellent used condition, a few minor marks consistent with age and normal use - mainly some small marks near the jack as shown, and a tiny lacquer chip on back of headstock. No dings or chunks missing, and no marks visible from playing position. Solid agathis body, amber-tinted lacquered maple neck, with rosewood fingerboard, lemon oiled on recent string change. Strung with GHS Boomer nickel roundwounds 45-105, loads of life left in them. Gloss headstock with 70s style decals. 3-ply BWB plate with usual scratching on it. Bass weighs an insanely light 3.2Kg (7.2lbs) on my digital luggage scales and certainly feels like it. Easily the lightest and most comfy to play P bass I've ever tried. Stock open gear tuners, Hi-Mass bridge, & Fender Designed Alnico P pickup and DiMarzio style jazz pickup.

I had a KiOgon VBT (Volume - Blend - Tone) wiring loom installed, with Switchcraft thru-body side jack. I put a set of black plastic jazz knobs on, just really to give a point of reference for the blend pot, even though it has a centre indent anyway. I will also include the stock push-on domed knobs. There are some great tones to be had when sweeping the blend knob. The wiring loom has solderless screw terminals, so if you like to tinker, it would be easy enough to change pickups.

One thing I have to mention is the gorgeous Candy Apple Red finish. It's really hard to capture this on photos, but in person it looks killer, and has a lovely copper / burnt orange tint to it that you can only really appreciate in person.

The case is a quality, well padded Fender shaped hard case. It is a little beat up but still rock solid. The latches all work and there is an under neck tab pull pocket. The keys are present but I just tried and it seems the lock doesn't work as it's just spinning round. Could be fixable, I don't know, I've never tried to lock it in all the years I've had it anyway. It's a great case anyway and lighter than the newer style Fender ones.

Price includes postage to mainland UK address. Collection possible from Southport, or meet-up in North West within reason. I will knock 30 quid off the price if anyone collects. Otherwise, postage is for Parcelforce 24 hour next day, fully protected, trackable delivery (live tracking possible on the day). I should be able to ship within 1 working day of payment being received. Feel free to check my Basschat feedback and please PM if interested, or wanting more photos. It really is a great bass for the money, you'd be hard pushed to find a lighter, more comfy P bass without paying silly money for something custom!

NO TRADE OFFERS WHATSOEVER PLEASE. I don't need any more basses, just some money and space back.

IMG_4622.JPG

IMG_4623.JPG

IMG_4624.JPG

IMG_4625.JPG

IMG_4626.JPG

IMG_4627.JPG

IMG_4628.JPG

IMG_4629.JPG

IMG_4630.JPG

IMG_4631.JPG

IMG_4633.JPG

IMG_4634.JPG

Edited by dmc79
SOLD
  • Like 3

• dmc79 changed the title to *SOLD* Squier Vintage Modified Precision PJ Candy Apple Red, with hard case, lightweight, slim neck, upgraded, will post