Why become a member? ×

CAD Software for bass design and CNC

SamIAm

I'd been using Fusion 360 for designing and CNC toolpathing on my first bass build, it was a wee bit unreliable but wonderfully powerful!

After a fire in my flat I no longer have a powerful Mac laptop and am using a linux based system ... Fusion 360 (running under wine) is a mare!

Any suggestions for a decent CAD/CAM package for linux?

S'manth x

It is usually a good idea to join the forums for the opensource programs, if you have any issues post it in the forums and the community will help with settings, and if it is an issue with the program they will look into it and usually it will be sorted out in the next release. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JGTay said:

It is usually a good idea to join the forums for the opensource programs, if you have any issues post it in the forums and the community will help with settings, and if it is an issue with the program they will look into it and usually it will be sorted out in the next release. 

Nods.  I did, the problems seemed to be with topological naming issues, a widely recognised and challenging problem which the OSS community are tyring to solve ... a bit beyond my ken to help with!

S'manth x 

• Like 1

I am using Fusion 360 in PC, Linux, and Mac. PC is hands down the fastest and smoothest, but the slower net connection (another workplace, connection via wlan) with the Mac may affect its mediocre performance. Please take a look at the network AND computer performance. Both may slow the system down.