Why become a member? ×

Sound City Mk4 B120 1973 £300

[size=3]Hello,

For sale is my 1973 Mk4 Sound City B120 (120W)

I’ve had this a while and will be really sad to see it go, but I’ve acquired an Ampeg SVT and can’t justify two high power all tube amps.

I won’t go into the full spec here as it’s available all over the net; this site is one of the best
[i]
[url="http://www.soundcitysite.com/sc_webpages/sc_home.htm"]http://www.soundcitysite.com/sc_webpages/sc_home.htm[/url] [/i]

-120W from six EL34 valves, x4 ECC83, x1 ECC81. Good quality Partridge transformers with excellent output impedance selection, being a B120 it apparently has extended bass response.

-The amp as far as I know is all original (correct me if you know otherwise) .I haven’t touched it since I’ve had it.

-It operates fine and works with plenty of clean headroom.

- All Sound City Mark 4 variants are known to be noisy/ ’hummy’ to some degree due to the active tone control circuit , this one is no exception and some background noise is present.

-The wiring is in good condition and the amp is clean (it is suggested sound city amps have poor wiring, but this one looks neat and well done).

-The amp is 36 years old, so has nicks and tears consistent with age, most of which can be seen in the pictures. The front panel writing is fading, but still readable.

-It may be wise due to the age of the amp to have it checked over by an amp tech,but I'm not aware of any problems with it, it has always been a reliable amp.

Any queries or questions send me a mail.[/size]

[size=4]
£300 [/size]

[size=3]Collection from Central Bristol (BS3), currently no mailing options

Cheers Neil
[/size]

• 3 months later...

[quote name='orangepeelneil' post='466938' date='Apr 19 2009, 07:58 PM'][size=3]Ok -Update,

Currently [i]'on hold'[/i] for [b]MusicalJuggernaught[/b] until 30th April

Will let everyone know if this changes.

Regards Neil[/size][/quote]

did it change?