Why become a member? ×

NFBD - Cort GB54

Paolo85

This is a Newly Found Bass Day. I actually bought this one in or shortly after 2003. But... I now had not played it for around 10 years and I thought it was lost! Yes, lost.
I am at my parent's flat in Italy, visiting for Christmas (I have been living in the UK for a while now) and they found it somehow. Since buying the bass I stopped playing music because of a tendinitis that continued to come back, moved city and then country, and the bass was just abandoned. I looked for it last summer as I had started playing again in January and thanks to Basschat I have developed an unhealthy obsession for cheap basses. But I could not find it. Nobody could, until a few weeks ago.
I now have put some D'Addario ProSteels on (taken off a P bass, cut a bit short for this) and given it a full setup. There's a slightly bumpy fret that will need to be addressed. The neck will need a good clean as it was hanging for years and it has black stains there (not top quality hanger I guess..). Apart from that, all seem to be working great, from what I can hear from the old practice amp also abandoned at my parents'.
Funny enough I never bonded much with this bass. The colour and shape were unexciting for the purpose of my metal band at the time. Still, I felt that for the price it was a great bass (I believe it cost some 275 Euros, although I may be wrong). I was always playing passive and it would sit in the mix much better than the Ibanez Ergodyne I had before (although I imagine more knowledgeable people would have been able to eq the Ibanez just right). The wider string spacing gave me more satisfaction than the Ibanez's. It feels really good to play, the ergonomics work great for me. I can totally see why I chose this bass in that shop back in 2003 or so.
This is coming back to the UK with me!

20221228_163423.jpg

IMG-20221216-WA0004.jpg

• Like 14

When I press "return " on my phone when replying on Basschat it inserts tens of the damn' things. No other site, no idea why.

Edited by Richard R
Can't get rid of them either