Why become a member? ×

Where can I get a single flatwound Low B?

Born 2B Mild

I've just got an Ibanez SR505 off eBay, and I'm going to use it for at least one song on Sunday evening at the Joez Cafe debut gig at Harrogate's Blues Bar.

I've put a set of cheapie flats on that I've had for a while. The trouble is, the incumbent low B is as wide as a tree trunk, and on this super slim Ibby it sounds like a tree trunk too . So I'm after a new or used flatwound low B, as light as poss, and if I can get it in time for Sunday evening, that would be great.

Can you tell me where I can order one from, or do you have one I can buy from you? I have looked on a few websites, but to no avail.

Thanks.

B2BM

Phil, my rarely used 5-string has LaBella deep-talkin' flats on, gauges 43-128.
You're welcome to buy/borrow the B string or the lot as I'll put rounds on if I ever need it again for gigging.

They've all been trimmed to fit my Tanglewood (Bass Collection copy) so you'd just have to try it/them and see.

[quote name='Adrenochrome' post='471499' date='Apr 24 2009, 01:40 PM']Phil, my rarely used 5-string has LaBella deep-talkin' flats on, gauges 43-128.
You're welcome to buy/borrow the B string or the lot as I'll put rounds on if I ever need it again for gigging.

They've all been trimmed to fit my Tanglewood (Bass Collection copy) so you'd just have to try it/them and see.[/quote]
Terrific. Thanks Jon. Can I visit you/you visit me tomorrow? I'll be back in Harrogate late afternoon.

[quote name='Beedster' post='471491' date='Apr 24 2009, 01:34 PM']A heavy-ish E wil do the same trick surely?
I have a B from a set of TI's somewhere but I can't get it to you by Sunday I'm afraid
Chris[/quote]
Thanks for your kind offer Chris. Looks like I have a more local basschatter to the rescue. :)

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='471505' date='Apr 24 2009, 01:45 PM']Terrific. Thanks Jon. Can I visit you/you visit me tomorrow? I'll be back in Harrogate late afternoon.[/quote]

Phil, tomorrow I'll definitely be in late afternoon onwards so just pop round whenever. It might be easiest if you just take the bass with you and try the string(s) at your leisure as my boys will no doubt be creating havoc at mine.

[quote name='Adrenochrome' post='471519' date='Apr 24 2009, 01:57 PM']Phil, tomorrow I'll definitely be in late afternoon onwards so just pop round whenever. It might be easiest if you just take the bass with you and try the string(s) at your leisure as my boys will no doubt be creating havoc at mine.[/quote]
Will do. Cheers :)