Why become a member? ×

Powerstage for Origin Bassrig

Wellsyboy

So I have a '64 black panel Bassrig and currently use it at home either through headphones or, if I want to save some headphone fatigue, through a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 200 into a 1 x 12 guitar cab. I have two questions. Would it be a good idea to get a dedicated Bass Cab (thinking Bareface 10) to better reproduce the bass frequencies and is the Powerstage 200 ok as a power amp? Not really thinking of this for gigging as I am nowhere near that stage yet but would appreciate more experienced opinions please.

The Bareface 10 would certainly be more appropriate than the 1x12 guitar cab; there's nothing else wrong with the signal chain. The Bassrig is fine, the Powerstage does what it should. Far more power than is needed at home, but such an ensemble could play reasonable venues, too. That's quality gear, there. :friends:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dad3353 said:

The Bareface 10 would certainly be more appropriate than the 1x12 guitar cab; there's nothing else wrong with the signal chain. The Bassrig is fine, the Powerstage does what it should. Far more power than is needed at home, but such an ensemble could play reasonable venues, too. That's quality gear, there. :friends:

Thank you very much for your help

• Thanks 1