Why become a member? ×

Squier JV P bass with all the bits and more :) £450

OldGit

This is not mine. I have to resist ... A friend of a friend has it here in Cardiff.
However someone here may be able to give it a good home

AFAIK this is the spec:

Squier JV serial P bass '82-'84
Sunburst, dark tortie, rosewood, Basswood (I guess)
Good nick but for a few chips and things on the bottom edge and a bit of belt rash, oh and a classic fag burn from a ciggy under the E string on the headstock (the safest way to smoke, I believe)

Goodie list:
Reverse Tuners, Riveted cloverleaf style, strap peg on teh headstock, Spiral bridge, 4 ply scratch plate, original pup and cloth wiring, light weight
Spot on replica and plays really nicely.

THE BAD NEWS:
Someone fitted an EMG active pickup at some point (now removed) so it's been routed rather badly under the scratch plate ahead of the volume control to make room for a battery. It doesn't show, of course, but it does stop it being a collector's item worth silly money (or I suspect it does)

[b]So if you fancy a fine bass for good money PM me and I'll tell you who to call.[/b]

Just to re-iterate - [b]this is not mine [/b]and you'll have to sort out the deal directly with the guy selling it.
I can tell you absolutely for sure that he [i]will not[/i] drop below £450 for this so don't bother asking. No trades either :) oh and you probably have to come and get it ... :rolleyes:

He isn't trying very hard to sell it :D

Edited by OldGit

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm afraid the bass has gone back to the repair man's wall. I didn't take any pics as there was no interest on here when I had it. Remiss of me but it was a busy time.

Getting a picture of it with the plate off would be a bit tricky now but if you PM me your email address I'll pass it on next time I'm in there and he can send you the info.

OK?

[quote name='Twigman' post='485819' date='May 12 2009, 12:27 PM'][url="http://www.21frets.com/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl"]http://www.21frets.com/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl[/url]? is the place to try and sell it.[/quote]

Thanks but I'm not selling it..................

This is a heads up for anyone who fancies buying it from a FOAF...