Why become a member? ×

Thomann Day!

stewblack

46 minutes ago, Paul S said:

This is a new day of the week for you, Stew?  Monday Tuesday, Wednesday, Thomannday, Friday etc.  Without wanting to speak out of turn, you do seem to have rather a lot of HB gear :D 

As I put the power board together I was struck by just how good HB stuff really is.

Not just cheap, but well thought out, well made, solid gear. 

The restraint I've shown not to buy a new HB bass for nearly 3 months has been, I think, quite commendable.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

It's utterly silent! The 3A supply is overkill for my Plethora but plenty if I decide to go with a different multi.

The usb on the front will be perfect for keeping the tablet charged during a gig.

@OwenI care that you bought an HB Beatle bass, by the way.

• Thanks 1

The wierd thing, if you select a spaceship board, you can click the 'make a bundle and save 5%'. as part of the bundle you can pick many types of power supply, but not this one that literally goes with the board.

Maybe they are new and they haven't caught up. I mean my pedalboard is fine (case is screwed) but that power supply looks great, maybe I can just hacksaw the back off and fit one

14 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

my pedalboard is fine (case is screwed) but that power supply looks great, maybe I can just hacksaw the back off and fit one

You could fit this to most boards. Just get the right width!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lidl e said:

I think they just introduced these. Cool idea, but if the power supply goes, you cant really replace it. I suppose tou can get a bar.

Pretty well the same as the spaceship board with the power bolted on.

23 hours ago, stewblack said:

You could fit this to most boards. Just get the right width!

Would need to hack the back line off a normal metal board as the power socket is at the back and the other sockets at the front. Probably not too much of a pain though,.

Pretty tempted I must say, a really clean solution to a problem I actually have (which I can't say for most purchases I make because of things here!)

16 hours ago, lidl e said:

Oh my! I've just seen this and I'm so tempted. My setup is in danger of outgrowing the pedaltrain nano+ I currently use as I had to take a few mini pedals off when I added the Boss SY-1, and there's no room to add the TC spark mini back as a clean boost. Good thing for me that its currently out of stock - that makes it easier not to order one. I'll have to see whether I can resist once they are back in stock. I wonder whether this will also be offered with a hardcase in place of the bag like the unpowered version.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lidl e said:

I think they just introduced these. Cool idea, but if the power supply goes, you cant really replace it. I suppose tou can get a bar.

Then you fix the power supply. Or if not, you have to get another power supply, so you are no worse off, other than a gone power supply. But I have never had a pedalboard power supply actually die, so I doubt it is going to happen.

3 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Oh my! I've just seen this and I'm so tempted. My setup is in danger of outgrowing the pedaltrain nano+ I currently use as I had to take a few mini pedals off when I added the Boss SY-1, and there's no room to add the TC spark mini back as a clean boost. Good thing for me that its currently out of stock - that makes it easier not to order one. I'll have to see whether I can resist once they are back in stock. I wonder whether this will also be offered with a hardcase in place of the bag like the unpowered version.

I have the hardcased pedal board and bought the appropriate power bar for that board 

Well, now it is getting a bit of a pain. I can't really see a way for someone with my skills to put that power supply on my pedaltrain, so maybe the best option is to get a spaceship, but the pedaltrain 2 is half way between the HB 60 and 60XL, and I don't want to lose space, so I guess the XL makes more sense. but the spaceship power 60xl is 9-12weeks, wheras the 60xl + 60xl power is 4 weeks, and only £7 more, no brainer, plus adjustable feet. But then the one with a hardcase is only £30 more, which is more but its a pain gettingg hardcases for things.

It all starts adding up!

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/03/2023 at 15:40, Woodinblack said:

Well, now it is getting a bit of a pain. I can't really see a way for someone with my skills to put that power supply on my pedaltrain, so maybe the best option is to get a spaceship, but the pedaltrain 2 is half way between the HB 60 and 60XL, and I don't want to lose space, so I guess the XL makes more sense. but the spaceship power 60xl is 9-12weeks, wheras the 60xl + 60xl power is 4 weeks, and only £7 more, no brainer, plus adjustable feet. But then the one with a hardcase is only £30 more, which is more but its a pain gettingg hardcases for things.

It all starts adding up!

Ah yes. As it says in the bible "for lo the GAS cometh not cheap, and the Pharisees were sore afraid of the price of the GAS and there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth but the GAS careth not a jot for the state of our bank balance. Hallelujah."

Our big music chain is Long&McQuade they have stores from coast to coast. Thomann seem to run the empire with only one location and instead do a thriving mail business. 
Seems like a better idea , if I go looking for something basic like a shortscale flatwound bass string I’m invariably told it’s not in stock and has to be ordered.  I think Thomann’s prices are much better as well.

I wish Thomann had more of a presence here.