Why become a member? ×

The Fretless Pedal...

fretmeister

Given that a large number of fretless basses are bridge pickup centric (if that makes sense) I’m not sure the EQ section is that useful, I mean, how honky do you want it. To be fair, that is just probably me as I’ve fallen out love with that particular fretless tone to the point where I’ve acquired a graphic EQ pedal and I’m sucking all those mids out.

The chorus and reverb side are nice; instant ‘80s fretless production in a box and it’s a lovely looking box too (stop sniggering at the back).

• Haha 1

Hmmmmm sounded nice but not sure it adds anything that I need. I only play fretless but like ezbass, I don't boost the mids. On my Jazz I have both pickups on full and tone at 50% using LaBella Black Nylon Tapewound strings or I use my Precision with the tone set at about a third and using LaBella Low Tension Flats. So quite a warm, rounded tone and if I could ask someone to make and bottle my perfect tone it would be Motown/Jamerson on a fretless.

I use the EHX Bass Clone for my chorus and its simply the best chorus pedal I've used. I use the Mooer Ambience Reverb pedal which is also brilliant so I'm covered really. However, it says fretless so I'm interested depending on the price. You never know, it might add something.

Hmm

For my fretless, i use the 2nd channel on my Genz Shuttlemax, ( channel 1 is for fretted bass ) with way more EQ options than that pedal.  If i want Chorus + Reverb, i can get that from my Boss MD500.

So really, not much use for me.

Seeing the title, I wondered if someone had come up with a pedal to give you a good fretless sound from a fretted bass ( a la VB99 with GK3B)

Must read more slowly.

Sounds nice, but quite expensive, and had as been said, nothing we can't already get from our usual gear.

Edited by 2pods
Speelink