Why become a member? ×

Gratuitous, bordering on egregious, pedalboard "demo"

lidl e

was in the studio this weekend. the producer had to take a break so i messed around with my pedal board. 

i figured since people always say on here "i want to hear it" i'd post this.

now this is just noodling with no intent. nothing particularly cool playing wise, but some (to me) rad tones (although many would say it's all noise!) and the sustain....

20230206_155543.thumb.jpg.5c053e75d047fbfa17fde66c582cc502.jpg

warning... loud, wanky and goes nowhere!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, krispn said:

Did you throw it your line manager?😀

I wish I had!

We had nine of them come at the same time. They all needed a little daughter board replacing. So that’s what I did. When testing, afterwards, none of them worked properly. The boss got really angry! I told him that it was the battery he was using to test them (the only one we had). So he measured it. It came out at 7.3v. He said that that was plenty… and got even angrier! So I attached a 9v battery clip to a power supply set to 9v, and every pedal worked perfectly. He didn’t like that. So he got rid of me, despite me being the only other person working there.

A funny thing is, though, I also worked on his mobile disco. Setting up and taking down, but I also ran the lights (it was huge, the biggest lighting rig I have ever seen on a mobile disco. I have been to music venues with fewer lights). The bosses wife and daughter really liked me, knew that I was a hard worker and that the disco would be worse off without me. It took another six months for him to trick me into getting myself sacked. He told me that we had no discos booked for the weekend (which was a first), and he encouraged me to “go out and have some fun”…So, for the first time in about a year, I went and visited a friend. Then the boss called wanting to know where I was, but I was out (no mobile phones back then). So now he had his excuse.

He was a tosser, but I loved the work.

• Like 1